Welcome to Shirley's 2 Girls Christmas In July celebration!! We know it's hardly the weather to be thinking of that Jolly Fat Man in the RED suit...BUT, it's just too darn HOT and we at S2G thought ALL of YOU could use something to 'COOL' off with! For the next three Thursdays, the Design Team will be sharing samples that feature Shirley's 2 Girls Christmas images. We'll still be having the Twisted Thursday sketch challenges, along with some fun twists. But the guidelines for winning will be changed just a bit, and the prizes offered each week will include not only free stamps, but free digi's, adorable Christmas DP, as well as some yummy embellishments!! Oh, and did I tell you that Shirley's 2 Girls is offering FREE SHIPPING FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JULY?!!! Holy Snowballs!!
Here's the sketch for Twisted Thursday #17. It was designed by Pat Dadisman, and the twist this week is to ADD DISTRESSING. My sample uses Mouse Dancing (SG H7). Isn't he just too cute for words? I love the non-traditional color scheme, don't you? And of course I've added some yummo-licious dazzling diamonds to give my dancing mouse the bling that he deserves for the holidays! I'm ashamed to admit that I got my card completely finished before I realized that I hadn't added any distressing - AAAAACCCCKKKK!!! So, I used some of my Pearlescent Lime Green chalk around the edge of my image panel. Does that count? It counts in my book!! LOL
I know you want to play along with us, don't you?!! Well, we'd love to have you join us. Here are the rules:
- Create a card, following this week’s sketch and ADD DISTRESSING!!
- For our Christmas In July Twisted Thursdays, we want you to create a CHRISTMAS card by using a Christmas image (hopefully one of ours - but using our images is not required!) Starting TODAY you can purchase DIGI Christmas images and Designer Paper - how cool is that?!! Instant images for your project!!
- Upload your card to your favorite online gallery and/or your blog. If you upload to SCS or PCP, please use the keywords S2GSC17 & shirleys2girls.
- Post a direct link to your Christmas card using Mr. Linky on the SHIRLEY'S 2 GIRLS CHALLENGE PAGE, using Mr. Linky.
- The deadline for uploading your card and is Sunday, July 5, 2009 at midnight (PDT).
- The winner will be chosen using Random.org, so everyone has a chance to win. Wanna know what you'll win? The winner (1 a week) will win "an early christmas present" with a variety of S2G CHRISTMAS STAMPS/PAPERS/EMBELLISHMENTS, and the winning Christmas card will be showcased on our new WINNER'S PAGE.
STAMPS: Mouse Dancing (Shirleys 2 Girls - SG H7)
INK: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
PAPER: Chocolate Christmas Digi Paper (Funky Fairy Papercrafts), White CS (Neenah), Dark Chocolate CS (PTI), Raspberry Fizz CS (PTI)
ACCESSORIES: Rectangle Classic and Scalloped Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Chocolate Chip 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (SU), Self-adhesive Alphabet (Doodlebug Designs), Copic Markers, Quickie Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Stampin Dimensionals, Pearlescent Chalk (Pebbles, Inc.)
Thanks for stopping by! Good luck!!