Thursday, October 15, 2009

S2GSC29 - Dignity Spoils Everything!!



Hi Chicklets!!

It's another beautiful day in Shirley's 2 Girls land! We have a fabulous sketch challenge for you today, as well as a super fun twist, so let's get down to business. Shall we?

Here's the sketch for this week, and the twist is to use Chipboard in your design. Now, I know we all have a boatload of unused chipboard laying around, right?!! Well, I know I do, so this was an easy peasy twist for me. Unfortunately, I forgot that I needed to use chipboard in my design until AFTER I finished my card!! Ugh!! So, I had to "rearrange" things a bit - I pried those cute little buttons (that were super stuck) off and slipped the green star chipboard underneath. Problem solved!!

The image that I got to work with this week is called "Cat On the Fence (SG 603)." I colored the image with my Copics, and for a change, I'm pretty happy with the end result. There's lots of layers, and pop dots and dimension in my card today - just couldn't help myself. And since the front of my card was so busy, I decided to put the sentiment that goes with the image on the inside of the card.

I know you want to play along with us this week - you know you do, too. Well, all you have to do is create a card using this week's sketch (don't forget the twist!), and then click on the blinkie below - that'll take you right to Mr. Linky where you need to upload a link to your project. You'll find all the rules of playing there, too. Oh, and if you want some amazing and instant-gratification digi images - check out the What's New Section at the Shirley's 2 Girls store. Cute stuff, I tell ya!!

Need some more inspiration? Check out the fun goodies that the rest of the S2G DT has in store for you!

Justine Frederick - Cardiology
Pat Dadisman - Stamp Paper and Ink
Joy Stagg - Crazy for Daisies
Shelly Skala - Jaspere's Little Corner
Erin Fluegge - Chicks With Tape
Debbie Daniels - Dreams of Glitter
Anne Ray - Guest Designer - Stargroves







STAMPS: Cat On the Fence (SG 603)
INK: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
PAPER: Farm Fresh DP (October Afternoon), Summer Sunrise (PTI), Vintage Cream CS (PTI)
ACCESSORIES: Red Grosgrain Ribbon (American Crafts), Labels Five (Spellbinders), Copic Markers, Stampin Dimensionals, Effervescence Border Punch (Fiskars), Buttons (SU), Chipboard (Piggy Tales), Petite Oval Nestabilities, Cuttlebug

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Anne said...

Ooh this is such a fun card, love the colours and that cat!

Georgia said...

Your card is so cute. Love the kitty!

Jaspere said...

This is adorable. Love how you used buttons as your circles in the sketch. I wish I would have thought of that.

Justine said...

What fun, love the color combo and love your rebellious nature and made the sketch your OWN, that's what it is all about Chicca.

Anonymous said...

Very cool card, you did a fantastic job!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute...the kitty never looked better...love all the layering and mix of DP's...hugz, Kristine

Michelle L. said...

What a cute kitty! I love all the layers on this one.

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just super cute! I like the star you worked so hard to include! :D he just needed to be a part of this cutie patootie card!