Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thanksgiving Tablescape . . . .

Is it too early to start setting the table for Thanksgiving dinner?! LOL Yes, I'm a planner . . . love to have stuff done way in advance so that I know what goes where and when. One of my most favorite things to do for big holiday dinners is to set a pretty table. Even though we're only having a few people for dinner this year, I still want to have a fun tablescape, so with the help of Shirley's 2 Girls, I've made a couple more Thanksgiving-themed table items that I wanted to share with you today.

My first project is a menu board that I made using a 5" x 7" acrylic frame that I picked up at Hobby Lobby, some cardstock, ribbon, and one of Shirley's 2 Girls new Thanksgiving images called Blessings (SG308). Oh, and the coolest part of this project? See that while panel on the front of the Menu Board? It's the same material as a white board that you can use Dry Erase pens to write out your menu on. It's called Wallies White Dry Erase Sheets, and you can find them HERE. The material is super thin - I cut the shape and size using my paper trimmer. I filled out my menu using Dry Erase pens (that I got on sale at Hobby Lobby for 50% off!!), and what's so cool is that I can erase it and write a new menu for NEXT Thanksgiving!! And the "Blessing" panel was made such that I can slide it out and slide a new one in for the NEXT holiday!! You could create a designed panel for every holiday at your house!! Or you could decorate it and use it to write notes or leave messages in your kitchen. How cute is that?!!

My second project is sort of a duplicate of the Menu Board, but I created little place cards for the people coming to dinner. I used the digi place card images from Shirley's 2 Girls - love the instant gratification aspect of digi images - I get them RIGHT NOW! I also cut small strips of the Wallies White Dry Erase sheets, peeled off the backing, and adhered them to the cute little place cards that I created. Now if my guest list changes, I can erase the name and put someone else's name there. AND I can reuse them for next year, too!! Pretty cool, huh?

Here's a picture of all of the Shirley's 2 Girls Thanksgiving themed projects that I made for my Thanksgiving table - including the wine glass charms that I showed you on Monday. If you have any questions about any of these projects, please feel free to drop me an email or post a note here.

Thanks so much for dropping by!



4 comments:

Terri said...

Beautiful tablescape...so what time is dinner?! I am thinking that you may want to move the Craft Magazine off the table before the guests arrive, however! Love it!

See ya tomorrow!

Michelle L. said...

I love your menu board, Karolyn! The whole tablescape looks fabulous.

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my goodness! This is AMAZING!!! I love everything that you created! Fantastic ideas! Now THIS whole collection is something that should be in a magazine! ;) It's so inspiring, I want to make it! And I don't even LIKE Thanksgiving! LOL!

Gina Lindsay said...

Your ale is gorgeous, I love all your projects.