It's time for another Shirley's 2 Girls Twisted Thursday already! Holy smokes - where has the month of April gone?!! It's almost May - yikes!!
This week we have another fun sketch for you to play with, and the "twist" is to ADD DIMENSION. So Cinco de Mayo is a big holiday in my house, especially this year. First of all, it's my daughter's and son-in-law's anniversary! This year they're celebrating three fabulous years together. And what a fun idea, right? Get married on Cinco de Mayo so that every year their anniversary is a party!! Woohoo!! The other reason May 5th is a big deal this year is because the same daughter that is celebrating her 3rd anniversary is also celebrating her big win on Wheel of Fortune!! May 5th is the day that her Wheel of Fortune episode will air on TV. Isn't that so exciting?! I won't tell you how she did in case you decide you want to watch it - but I will tell you it was EXCITING!! I got to fly down to LA and watch her play. It was so much fun to watch how the show is filmed and all the "behind the scenes" stuff - I just soaked it all up like a sponge. Vanna and Pat are just as cute as they look on TV. I probably need to figure out how my TIVO works before the show airs, huh? But you can bet I'll be right there in front of the boob tube watching!!
So back to my card. I made this card to commemorate Cinco de Mayo, and used another fun Shirley's 2 Girls image called Cinco de Mayo (imagine that!!) (SG36). I added dimension all over the place - I popped up the image panel, and those funky squares on the bottom. I also added more dimension by adding glitter to the main image. That's just two ways to add dimension . . . I'm sure you can come up with other creative ways to add dimension to your card.
We'd love for you to play along with us. Here are the deets of the challenge:
- Create a card, following this week’s sketch and ADD DIMENSION - embossing, popping up all or portions of your image, layers, etc. - let your imagination go wild!!
- You are not required to use Shirley’s 2 Girls stamps, but if you have them, we’d love for you to use them!
- Upload your card to your favorite online gallery and/or your blog. If you upload to SCS or PCP, please use the keywords S2GSC9 AND shirleys2girls.
- Post a direct link to your card using Mr. Linky ON THIS POST.
- The deadline for uploading your card is Sunday, May 3, 2009 at midnight (PDT).
- The winner will be chosen using Random.org, so everyone has a chance to win. The winner will get to choose a stamp from the Shirley’s 2 Girls product list, and the winning card will be showcased here on my blog as well as on the Shirley’s 2 Girls challenge blog.
For more inspiration, check out the goodies that the other Ladies With Attitude have cooked up for you!
Paper: Poppy Red CS (PTI), True Black CS (PTI), Aqua Mist CS (PTI), So Saffron CS, American Crafts DP
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Sugar Coated Glitter (Doodlebug), Copic Markers, Stampin Dimensionals, Circle Classic and Scalloped Nestabilities, Labels Three Die Cuts (Spellbinders), Ribbon Tag Trio Die Cut (Spellbinders), Poppy Red 3/8" Satin Ribbon, Quickie Glue Pen, 1-1/4" Square Punch, 1-3/8" Square Punch, Lyra Colored Pencils, Gamsol
FYI: WE ARE TAKING A TWISTED THURSDAY BREAK NEXT WEEK (5/7). INSTEAD OF TWISTED THURSDAY, WE HAVE SOME SUPER DUPER FUN STUFF IN STORE FOR YOU! PLEASE BE SURE AND STOP BY NEXT THURSDAY TO SEE WHAT THE LADIES WITH ATTITUDE (AND A COUPLE OF SPECIAL GUESTS) HAVE UP OUR SLEEVES JUST FOR YOU!!