Friday, June 18, 2010

Enjoy the Ride – New Moxie Fab Challenge!

Hi Gal Pals!

Enjoy the Ride
I know . . . two posts in one day – crazy, huh?  Just popping in real quick with a card I made for the current Moxie Fab World blog challenge called “I Want to Ride My Bicycle.”   I threw this together last night, and had so much fun doing it.  My inspiration/vision was a cobblestoned street in a small Italian village where the roadways are so narrow, you can only get around on a bicycle.  When my daughter and I were in Rome, we saw bicycles leaned up against old stone buildings in narrow alleys everywhere!!  I wanted the bicycle to pop to give it a more graphic feel – I think it worked, huh?

I stamped the Hero Arts Bicycle image in Versamark and heat embossed it with Zing/American Crafts Rouge Embossing Powder.  I ADORE this embossing powder, so if you haven’t tried it yet, you really need to.  The window, door, and cobblestone images were stamped using the new Hero Arts Snow Chalk Ink – another fabulous product that I am in love with these days.  This stuff dries super quick – no heat setting required.  The sentiment was stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.

STAMPS:  Bicycle (Hero Arts), Home Made, Enjoy the Ride, and Background Basics: Geometrics (Papertrey Ink)
INK: 
Snow Chalk Ink (Hero Arts), Versamark (Tsukineko), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
PAPER:  Kraft CS (Papertrey Ink)
ACCESSORIES:  Rouge Embossing Powder (Zing/American Crafts), 5/8” Grosgrain Ribbon (May Arts), Stampin’ Dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!), Inkessentials White Gel Pen (Ranger)

I have a few more ideas for this challenge swirling around inside my head.  I just hope I have the time to execute them.  You all should play along, too.  You have until June 28th to enter – come ride your bike with me!!

Have a great weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by!


8 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hi Karolyn! Very cool card! Lovely design and stamping.

How's that grandbaby doing?

suzARTe said...

just love this card, love the simple and crisp design

Kathy Martin said...

This is a WINNER in my book! Awesome design...and that ribbon....oh la la! :)

Cookie said...

Wow! I LOVE this! The cut out bike against the craft is awesome!! And I LOVE the door and window in white! CUTE!!!!!!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karolyn! Thanks for entering the I Want to Ride My Bicycle challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Jean Cross said...

Congratulations, Karo! Saw your card on Moxie Fab World! Way to Go!

Jess said...

Fabulous card! Congrats on your win!

jen said...

I absoulutely ADORE this!! Congrats on your Moxie win!!! :)