Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Illumination Silhouettes

Happy Tuesday, Chicas!

I’m writing this from sunny Phoenix, AZ – finally got me some sunshine!!  Woohoo!!  Spending lots of time floating on my floatie and reading.  Heaven, I tell ya!

Penny Black Have A Beautiful Day
I created today’s ABC Toys & Crafts card before I left, using a brand spankin’ new clear stamp set by Penny Black called Illumination.  I adore silhouette images, especially botanical silhouettes.  I feel like they’re so elegant and free spirited.   KWIM?  My favorite technique for botanical silhouettes is to layer them somewhat on top of each other to give the appearance of a field in bloom.  This is just one way to showcase silhouettes, though.  I hope to have time to create some additional cards showing you other ways to use them, but it might have to wait until I get back to “sunny” Washington.  LOL

STAMPS:  Illumination (Penny Black), Have A Beautiful Day (A Muse)
INK: 
Midnight Black Chalk Ink (VersaMagic)
PAPER:  Blu Raspberry and Sno Cone CS (French Poptone), White CS (Neenah)
ACCESSORIES:  Butterfly Craft Punch (
Martha Stewart), 3D-Dots (EK Success), Midnight Black Accent Pearls (Hero Arts), Janome Sew Mini, True Black Gingham Ribbon (PTI), Embossed Scallop Punch (EK Success)

I stamped the botanical silhouettes using Midnight Black chalk ink.  I prefer to use chalk ink when working with clear stamps because you get better coverage and a clearer image, in my opinion.  The main image panels are sewn together with my Janome Sew Mini.  The butterfly was created with a Martha Stewart craft punch.


15% off Penny Black Stamps
Sale ends July 17th, 2010



That’s it for me today, friends.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Bye for now!


5 comments:

marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
_____________________________

Dissertation Editing

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is so so pretty!!

Michelle /Eliotstamps said...

Love this color combination, Karolyn! The card is just beautiful.

Cheryl Walker said...

Hello miss Karolyn!!!! Love your card sweetie :) its very pretty and I love the color combo on this tooo!!!

Hope you are doing well!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Justine said...

Nicely done Karolyn, I have a hard time with silhouettes but you seem to do them perfectly. Thanks for the inspiration