Monday, August 16, 2010

Look Ma! No Stamps! LOL

Hi Kidlets!

Sorry for the gap in posting this past week.  I’ve been soooo busy.  Just got back tonight from a couple of days at the lake with my high school girlies, and had the most wonderful time ever.  Unfortunately, I got a bit too much sun . . . so I’m suffering from a lovely sunburn right now.  Ugh!  One of these days I’ll learn when enough is enough.  But it was sooo worth it – I had such a great time with my girls.  *Sigh*
Birds On A Wire Card
Needless to say, I didn’t get a card made for this weeks ABC Toys & Crafts promotion before I left.  This is what I came up with after I lathered up with Aloe Vera.  LOL  This week the ABC Toys & Crafts DT is focusing on the Martha Stewart Punches.  I’ve seen some super fun cards with the Martha Stewart Border Punch called Birds On A Wire.  I realized when I punched it out in black card stock that the birds looked kinda creepy, like Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds.”  Do you see it, too?!!  Creepy!!  So I decided to pair it with some new DP that showed up on my doorstep right before I left for my girls’ weekend.  It’s the new Happy Halloween line from Echo Park – OMG – such fun patterns and colors!!
STAMPS:  None (wow!)
INK:  None (OMG!)
PAPER:  Happy Halloween DP (Echo Park), Black Licorice and Gum Drop Green CS (Poptone), Orange Zest CS (Papertrey Ink)
ACCESSORIES: 
Birds On A Wire Border Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts), Orange Zest Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), 3D-Dots (EK Success)
I haven’t made a card without any stamps at all in a long, long time.  This was kinda fun, but I definitely prefer to get my fingers a little inky.
Before I sign off, I wanted to let you know that ABC Toys has a sale on all the Martha Stewart Punches this week, including some of the brand new Halloween punches – 20% OFF!!  They are super cute and fun!  If you click on the blinkie below, it’ll take you to the Martha Stewart Punches category.  Just enter the indicated discount code, and away you go!  This discount code is good through August 21, 2010.
MS Punch Blinkie
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I’ll definitely be back soon with more crafty goodness to share with you.  In the meantime, I’m off to tend to my sunburn . . . ouch!  LOL


3 comments:

Terri said...

When are you going to learn, girl? I know how badly you wanted that suntan though, lol! Sounds like you had a blast with your peeps!

Another amazing card...and done without stamps! You rock, my friend. What next? No cardstock?

Miss ya much~

Erin Smetak said...

Oh, this is so cool! I've seen that bird punch before but would never in a million years have thought to do what you did on this card!!! Amazing!!!!!

What a fun weekend you had w/ your friends!!!! Sorry about the sunburn!!!! That's never comfortable! LOL! But, wasn't it worth it?! ;)

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cool card!