STAMPS: Sew Artsy (Hero Arts), Sewing Box Hugs (Waltzing Mouse Stamps)Sew Artsy clear stamp set) onto some canvas that I picked up at my LSS using Rich Cocoa ink. I stamped the dress form image a second time onto cream cardstock, and then fussy cut it out. I cut out the main part of the canvas dress form, and paper pieced it onto the CS dress form.
INK: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
PAPER: Pure Poppy CS, Kraft CS, and Vintage Cream CS (PTI), Blushing Bride CS (Stampin’ Up!)
ACCESSORIES: Classic Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scalloped Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 3D Dots (EK Success), Xyron Sticker Maker (Xyron), Janome Sew Mini, Buttons (PTI), Scrapper’s Floss (Karen Foster), Gingham Ribbon (American Crafts), Kraft Tag (Maya Road), Glue Dots, Fabric
If you click on the picture, you’ll notice that I’ve used fabric on my project instead of designer paper. When I was at my LSS, they’ve now rearranged the store so that half the store contains scrapbooking materials, and the other half contains quilting supplies. OMGosh – freaking amazing stuff, I tell ya!! I picked up several coordinating fat quarters and couldn’t wait to use them on this project. I used my Classic Oval Nestabilities to cut out the cream colored polka dot fabric, which I adhered to a cream CS panel. The pink frame was cut with Scalloped Oval Nestabilities. The back panel was created by cutting out two coordinating fabric panels and then stitching them to the kraft CS panel. Oh and check out that little skirt that I created and attached to the dress form!! That’s just a scrap of one of the coordinating fabrics, folded in half, stitched on both sides, and then turned so that the seams are on the inside. I then stitched a basting stitch at the top, and pulled the lower thread to make a ruffle. I then wrapped the ruffle around the dress form and added a bow with a glue dot. I was tickled pink with how this project turned out. I hope it inspires you, because we’d be thrilled to pieces if you’d play along with us!!
We’ve added some new features to the ABC Toys & Crafts Challenge, changes that I think you’re really going to like.
- We’ve moved the challenge AND Mr. Linky to a new ABC TOYS & CRAFTS CHALLENGE BLOG. We thought his would make it easier for you all to find the most current challenge without scrolling through all the daily posts on the Design Team Blog.
- You now have 3 weeks to enter our challenge as many times as you like. This challenge ends on November 27th at midnight (CST). The winner will be announced on Thursday, December 2nd.
- The challenge will now be JUDGED rather than using the Random.org selection process. We want to see your best work!!
- The winner will receive a $20 store credit to ABC Toys & Crafts.
- The winner will earn an additional $5 store credit (that’s a total of $25 store credit!) if they’re DISPLAYING our CHALLENGE BLINKIE (you’ll find the HTML code for our Blinkie on our side bar).
Are you ready to play along with us?!! Well then click on the blinkie below, and that will take you directly to the new ABC Toys & Crafts Challenge Blog, where you’ll find the current challenge, Mr. Linky for uploading your projects, as well as more sweet inspiration from the rest of the ABC Toys & Crafts design team. What are you waiting for – now get to stitching!
That’s it for me today, peeps! Believe it or not, I’ll be back tomorrow with another sample for the challenge. Hope you’ll stop by to see me then! Have a great day!