Monday, November 8, 2010

Warm Wishes!

TGIM!!

I’m probably one of the few people you know that loves Mondays.  But I really, really do.  It’s the day that I usually get the whole house to myself.  This week, of course, is the exception to that as my kids and grandson are here visiting.  But it’s still a good day, as I’ll get to spend the whole day with them . . . and that makes for a great day, too.

Warm Wishes Hero Arts
STAMPS:  Wishes Come True (Hero Arts), Magical Background Cling (Hero Arts), Plaid Background (Hero Arts)
INK: 
Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark (Tsukineko), Fresh Snow (PTI)
PAPER:  Blueberry Sky CS, Kraft CS, and New Leaf CS (PTI), White CS (Neenah), Christmas Prints DP (PTI)
ACCESSORIES: 
White Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida), 3D Dots (EK Success), Copic Markers, Embossed Scallop Border Punch (EK Success), Janome Sew Mini, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

I’m back again (third day in a row – Woohoo!) today to share another sample that I made for the ABC Toys & Crafts November Challenge – to include sewing on your project.  I used a new Hero Arts set called Wishes Come True as my focal image.  I stamped the main image twice using Tuxedo Black ink – once on white CS, and again on Blueberry Sky CS.  I colored the winter house with my Copic Markers and then cut it out.

Warm Wishes Close Up

To create the look of snow, I added some White Liquid Applique to the roof of that sweet house.  Once it was applied, I heated it up with my embossing gun.  That creates some kind of funky reaction – the White Liquid Applique begins to puff up!!  Super fun to do and watch!!  I intended to add glitter to the White Liquid Applique before I heated it up, but I forgot.  How fun would that be to have sparkly snow on your roof top?

Warm Wishes Close Up 2

I stitched the sides of the image panel, as well as the polka dot designer paper with my Janome Sew Mini.  Easy peasy!!

The November ABC Toys & Crafts Challenge just started yesterday and lasts until November 27th.  We’d love for you to play along with us, and of course, there’s a great prize available for the winner.  You can get all the details of the challenge, see some awesome inspiration, as well as upload your projects to Mr. Linky if you click on the blinkie below. 

ABCDTCLICKHERE

That’s it for me today, peeps!  My hubby and I are on our way to Cabo San Lucas tomorrow to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary.  Yes, someone has put up with my nonsense for 30 years!!  LOL  I’ll have limited internet access so may not be able to upload very often.  If I can, I will.  If I can’t, I’ll see you as soon after the 16th as I can get something made to share with you!  At a minimum, I’ll be preposting my ABC Toys & Crafts project for you next Monday.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Piali said...

So Pretty!!!
Happy Anniversary!!!
Enjoy~