Thursday, August 4, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #14–Glitzy Glue Dots!

Hola Peeps!

 

First, thank you all for your very kind words and comments on my last post.  I am over the moon thrilled to pieces, but am also so very thankful that you all have shared that experience with me.  Your words meant the world to me – thank you ever so much!

CFC14 Graphic

I’m here today to share this week’s CAS-ual Fridays challenge with you all!!  And boy, are you gonna love it!!  The challenge this week is to create a clean and simple project and use glue dots and glitter as your focus of the design.  So fun, right?!

gledots graphic

Naturally, this week’s sponsor is Glue Dots, and they not only shared some of their amazing products with the Girl Fridays to use, but they’re also providing an incredibly generous prize to the T.G.I.F. winner of this challenge.  Check out the prize, as well as some additional inspiration from the other Girl Fridays by hopping over to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog.  Thank you, Glue Dots!

 

CFC14 - Love You Rain or Shine

Here is what I came up with for the challenge.  I stamped the Too Many Martini’s background using VersaMark onto some aqua cardstock, tilting the background at an angle so as to give the look of driving rain (something I see a lot of here in Seattle Winking smile).  I adhered some Mini Glue Dots to each of the “raindrops” and then sprinkled each with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  SOOPER EASY!!

CFC14 - Love You Rain or Shine Alone

You can’t see them, but I used the Pop Up Glue Dots to adhere the umbrella to the card base, and a Craft Glue Dot to adhere the button to the twine.  Glue Dots are my fave go-to adhesive when it comes to adhering embellishments and such to my projects.  They’re super easy to use, and you get a ton of product in every package!!

CFC14 - Love You Rain or Shine Close

I wanted to show you a close up of a fun new impression plate that I just picked up from Taylored Expressions.  Oh my, right?!  Check out those yummy embossed clouds – LOVE!!  You’ll be seeing more of that baby in the very near future, for sure!

PRODUCTS USED:

STAMPS:  MARKET STREET STAMPS (Too Many Martinis Background), PAPERTREY INK (Scattered Showers)
INK:  FRESH INK (Pool and Mango Pigment Ink), TSUKINEKO (VersaMark)
PAPER:  FRENCH POPTONE (Sno Cone and Lemon Drop CS), NEENAH CLASSIC CREST (Solar White Ultra Smooth CS)
ACCESSORIES:  GLUE DOTS (Mini, Craft and Pop Up Glue Dots), THE TWINERY (Caribbean and Lemondrop Baker’s Twine), PAPERTREY INK (Scattered Showers Die and Hawaiian Shores Button), FISKARS (Apron Lace Border Punch), STAMPIN’ UP! (Dazzling Diamonds Glitter), TAYLORED EXPRESSIONS (Clouds Impression Plate)

 

That’s it for me, kids.  Thanks so much for stopping by today – you all make my heart smile with your sweet comments.  I hope to be back some time this weekend to share a project for a challenge or two that I’ve been working on!  Have a great weekend!

PaperTherapySignature

5 comments:

Jenny said...

oh, such an inspired way to use the dots! Gorgeous card :)
Jenny x

Marlena M. said...

Ha ha...you know your rain in Seattle, don't you? This is so cool, I wouldn't have thought of this...glad you did. ;)

Arlene said...

This is such a brilliant idea! Love this card, absolutely adorable!

Laura Davis said...

This card is perfection!
Laura

Unknown said...

i adore this card...and LOVE your blog! this card is perfect. the colors, layout and style are perfect. great card!