Sunday, August 7, 2011

Moxie Fab Fanatical About Botanical!

 

Happy Sunday, Chickies!!

 

How has your weekend been going?  I’ve had a really nice weekend so far, and got caught up on several challenges that I’ve been meaning to play with for a while now.

 

GinkgoNBilobaSaffronBdgF11

So today’s project was inspired by the current Moxie Fab World Fanatical for Botanical Challenge.  Now, I should start by saying that botanical, as described by Cath in the challenge, is not my typical style.  The botanical samples that I’ve seen out there in blog land, though beautiful, are loaded with images and layers, lace and butterflies, just to name a few.  I feel like my style has evolved into a very clean and simple look – it’s what makes me happy.  So, I did me – in a graphic yet botanical way.

Fill This Day 3

I rooted through all of my stamps and felt like the skies opened up and the angels started singing when I came across one of the sets that I won for Stamping Royalty – Botanicals from Gina K. Stamps.  Perfect!!  I stamped the image multiple times in PTI Fresh Snow and Fresh Ink Provincial Gray – both pigment inks to get better coverage.  The sentiment is from PTI’s Year of Flowers: Sweet Peas, and is stamped in Onyx Black VersaFine Dye Ink.  The gray satin ribbon is from my stash.  Clean, simple, and graphic.  I’m extremely happy with how this turned out.  I love the contrast of the white and light gray on that delicious chartreuse panel, and how it all pops off the black card base.  I hope it’s botanical enough for Cath’s liking.

 

That’s it for me today, kids.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I’ll be back soon with more challenge cards!

PaperTherapySignature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your take on the challenge, beautiful colors! I want to squeeze this challenge in too, but it looks like it's not gonna happen lol :)

Piali said...

Love this card!! Color combo is Awesome!!
Hugs~

Els said...

Love your card! Fabulous colors and design!

Jenny said...

Love the modern take on botanical Karolyn, the colours and the stamping are both fab :)
Jenny x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karolyn! Thanks for linking this up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)