Thursday, August 23, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #67–Flags & Banners!

 

Hola Peeps!

 

No time for a lot of chatter today – I have a sweet friend visiting for the weekend, and we are busy, busy, busy!!  We’ll be stamping, eating, laughing, a little more stamping, a little more eating, and a LOT more laughing!!  So you can see, I’m kind of in a hurry – let’s get to it, shall we?

CAS-ualFridaysNoWords

This week’s CAS-ual Fridays Challenge is to create a CLEAN & SIMPLE project and include banners or flags in your design.  There’s a fabulous prize up for grabs for this week’s TGIF winner, but you’ll have to head on over to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Blog to find out what it is!  Oh, and while you’re there, be sure and check out the inspirational work of the other Girl Fridays – you’ll be amazed at their creativity!

 

CFC67 - Banners and Flags

I created this little project with a vision in mind.  I totally remember driving my bicycle around our neighborhood as a child, and I distinctly remember having a cool flag flying on the back – I loved it!  I used some washi tape for the road and for the flying flag.  Easy peasy!

PRODUCTS USED:

STAMPS:  Enjoy the Ride (A Muse Studio), Up, Up & Away (PTI)
INK:  VersaMark (Tsukineko), Unicorn and Black (Memories/Hero Arts)
PAPER:  Bashful Blue CS (Stampin’ Up!), Bazzill Yellow (Bazzill)
OTHER:  Road and Red Washi Tape (Freckled Fawn), Rouge Embossing Powder (Zing/American Crafts), Daisy Border Punch (EK Success), Pearls (Stampin’ Up!)

Well, that’s it for me, kids!  I’ll be having some major league fun as of this post – wish you all could join us!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I so appreciate the time that you spend here and in leaving me some love.  I’ll be back tomorrow with the next Cameo Spotlight Challenge!!

PaperTherapySignature

9 comments:

Laura B. said...

Love your bold red bike with the cute flowers and flag! So adorable!

Lynn said...

Love the road you created...and the visual of you riding your bike! I loved my big banana seat bike :)

Have an awesome time with your friend!

Marlena M. said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Karolyn! Maybe if I put a huge basket of flowers on my bike...no one will notice my big comfy seat I treated myself too. ;) hee hee ... I love this!

Terri said...

I need you to hop on that bike and pedal yourself to AZ...it's been far too long!

Love the card...as always you have outdone yourself!

Miss ya much~
T

Erin Smetak said...

This is so cute! Love the ribbon as a banner! You're so smart!

Kelly Griglione said...

Loving all these colors together! Stamping the bike in red is so bold, I love it! The yellow flowers on the back are a nice finishing touch.

Judy1223 said...

You brought back such nice memories of riding around town on my bike...if only I had a flag! I just had those stringy things dangling from my handlebars...still fun! Your card elements are so sweet...colorful, clean, cheerful!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Love your bright red bike with the cheerful yellow posies!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Karolyn and flag on the back of a bike is fantastic. Memories!

 
Blogging tips