Monday, May 27, 2013

Wishing You, Like, Happy Birthday


It’s me again!
Gallery Idol 2013 Graphic
How’s your holiday weekend going?  I’ve been trying to get some crafting done before I have to pack up my crafting supplies to transition from our AZ house to our WA house.  We’ll get on the road on Tuesday, so today is packing day!  But before I go, I wanted to create one more project for the Paper Crafts Magazine Gallery Idol contest.


Converse Birthday

I would LOVE to have a pair of Chuck’s with a turquoise chevron pattern, wouldn’t you?!  I mean, how fun would these be in real life?!  I downloaded a sneaker cutting file from the Silhouette online store and went to town jazzing it up a bit.  The sentiment is from a super fun stamp set from My Stamp Box called Whatever.  That word “whatever” was heard around my house OFTEN when my girls were teenagers.  So I thought this sentiment was perfect for this card.  I’ll list the other products I used below my signature.

Well, the audition deadline for the Gallery Idol contest is up tonight.  Still crossing my fingers that I make the Top 20, but even if I don’t, I had a lot of fun playing along!

I’m off to start packing!  Thanks so much for stopping by again today!  I appreciate it more than you know.  Have a great week – I’ll be back on Thursday with the next CAS(E) This Sketch challenge!




STAMPS:  Whatever (My Stamp Box)
INK:  VersaMark (Tsukineko)
PAPER:  White OP CS and Bazzill Yellow (Bazzill Basics Paper), Turquoise Chevron DP (Snap! Collection – Simple Stories)
OTHER:  Mustard Embossing Powder (American Crafts/Zing), Sew Mini Sewing Machine (Janome), Sneaker Cutting File (Silhouette Online Store – Design #23338), Silhouette Cameo Electronic Die Cutting Machine (Silhouette America)

11 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

I LOVE this!!! You rock my dear! Have a safe trip and then you can celebrate being home by being in the top 20!!!

Happy Dance said...

What a fun card! One of my granddaughters would absolutely love this. Best of luck to you in GI. It's fun to attempt and see what everyone's making. Bev

Kara Lynne said...

Perfect sentiment! Those would be a fun pair to wear, good luck!

Gabby said...

Waaaay COOL card! Good luck! :)

Terri said...

LOVE it...so glad you decided to spend the time needed to knock this out before leaving! Another winner!

Miss you already!

~amy~ said...

I super LOVE this...good luck!!!!!!

Deirdre said...

Congrats on your top 20 spot - love what you created.

Unknown said...

I loved this card from the minute I saw it! Congrats on making the Top 20!

Ida said...

Congratulations on making the Top 20 for Gallery Idol. Good luck in the next round. - I tried out but sadly didn't make the cut. Maybe next year.

newbie said...

love this! just so cute. Good luck, can't wait to see what you make next week. Congrats.

Darnell said...

Karolyn, when I saw this, I saw a winner and so did Paper Crafts! Congratulations on making it into the Gallery Idol Top 20!!