It’s time once again for the Paper Smooches DT Pep Rally Blog Hop, in celebration of the Paper Smooches November release!! Because there are five Thursdays in October, we’re actually having the Blog Hop on the day before the actual release – lucky for you!! So let’s get to it, shall we?!
FOUR new stamps and EIGHT new dies will be available to purchase at 12:01AM Eastern Time on November 1st. You will find them HERE.
To add extra fun to our blog hop, we are offering up a prize!
- FOUR winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the PS Blog.
- The prize - a $25 gift code to choose what you like at the PS online store.
- Just leave a comment on any of the eight design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win! (You do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify.)
- You have until midnight (Mountain Time) on Sunday, November 3rd to leave a comment.
- Please check the Paper Smooches blog on Monday, November 4th to see if you are one of the FOUR lucky winners.
To increase your chances of winning:
- Leave a comment on this blog post.
- Tell us that you Facebooked about our blog hop.
- Tell us that you Tweeted about our hop.
- Tell us that you posted on your blog about our blog hop.
(Which means that you have up to four chances to win on each blog.)
(Click on photo to enlarge.)
I actually created two projects for today’s hop. Both feature the new stamp set called Fresh Snow. I used the new Snowflake Dies to assist in creating my projects, as well! So, you all know who Debby Hughes is, right?! She’s a freakin’ phenomenon and one of my stamping heros! She has been killing me with her recent trend of using embossing paste and stencils on her projects. So to say that I was inspired by what she’s been doing lately is an understatement. I had to give this embossing paste/stencil thing a try. And when I tell you that this technique is FOOL PROOF, I’m not even joking!!
- I stamped a trio of the snowflakes from Fresh Snow in three different inks. I also stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner.
- Next, I grabbed a piece of craft plastic (.007 thickness) and used some of the new Snowflake Dies to create my own snowflake stencil. The dies cut through the thin plastic like buttah.
- Then, I placed the stencil on top of my card base, taping it down to hold it in place with some washi tape. I used a plastic angled knife to smear a small amount of the embossing paste onto the stencil, moving it around to fill an area of the stencil, without worrying about filling all of the open holes. That’s the amazing thing about this stuff – you can’t mess it up!!
- I then carefully lifted the stencil up and away from my card base and took a minute to rinse off the stencil and my application knife with warm water. I sprinkled a light dusting of glitter on the embossed areas and allowed the whole thing to dry about 25 minutes. That’s it!!
I seriously love this stuff!!! In fact, I loved it so much, I had to make another card!!
(Click on photo to enlarge.)
With this project, I die cut a polaroid frame and stamped some of the snowflakes from Fresh Snow on the bottom portion using some new Hero Arts silver pigment ink (yummy stuff!). I tied some red satin ribbon into a bow and wrapped it around the base of the frame. Next, I stamped more snowflakes onto the card base, and the sentiment (from Christmas Sampler) in the lower right corner. I die cut the Merry word from red card stock using the Christmas Words Die Set and adhered it to the card base. Then I went to town with my snowflake stencil and embossing paste, using the same steps as above! Idiot proof, I tell ya!
(Click on the photo to enlarge.)
Here’s a close up of the amazing dimension! I’ve listed the products that I used below. If you give this stuff a try yourself, I’d love to see what you create!
Okay kids, that’s it for me! Enjoy hopping around to see what my sweet teamies have made for you today. And don’t forget that the new release goes live TONIGHT!! Woohoo!! Thanks so much for stopping by!
OTHER PRODUCTS USED:
Stamps: Fresh Snow (Paper Smooches); Ink: Sugar and Pink Lemonade (Fresh Ink), Wheat (A Muse Studio); Paper: Fine Linen CS (PTI); Other: Red Satin Ribbon (PTI), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (Stampin’ Up!)