Friday, January 31, 2014

Moxie Fab Constellations: Trendy Star Power Challenge!

 

Happy Friday, friends!

 

Popping in quickly with my entry for the latest and greatest Moxie Fab World challenge.  I’m so happy to see that the tradition will continue now that my sweet friend, Teri Anderson, has taken over the reins.  The theme of the latest challenge is Constellations: Trendy Star Power!  Here is my entry:

 

Moxie Fab Stars and Constellations Challenge

(Click on photo to enlarge.)

 

The focal image is from a Studio Calico letterpress plate that I picked up last summer when I was taking an online letterpress class (sadly, it’s no longer available).  I ADORE the look of letterpress – it’s just so rich and luxurious with the intense ink and the debossed texture.  So I letterpressed the focal image, and let it dry . . . it takes a long time to dry!  LOL  I then die cut the moon using the coordinating die (thanks for the loan, Nina!) and water colored it with my Peerless water color papers.  Mmmmm . . . more richness!  I spritzed the card base with some sparkly mist from Tsukineko, which I think comes pretty close to a true representation of how sparkly the night sky is – don’t you?  The sentiment on this project is very near and dear to my heart.  It’s actually an expression that my sweet high school girlies and I share with each other in all of our email exchanges.  This is dedicated to them.

 

Well, that’s it for me, friends.  I’m headed back to my craft room to get caught up on some STENCILED homework.  Oh, and speaking of challenges, I was pretty stoked about THIS NEWS that was shared today over at the Avery Elle blog.  Eeeekkkkk!!!  Beyond excited about this new adventure!!  Will share more about that later!  In the meantime, hoping you all have an amazing weekend.  I’ll be back tomorrow to share some Paper Smooches goodies with you – just in time for the newest release!!

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

This rocks!! Love the sentiment and use of colors! Way to tackle the challenge!

Laura Davis said...

Such a cute card!
Laura

Ally said...

Is that mist I see on the card base??? We'll get you messy yet! ;)

The card came out cute! Are you in love with your Letterpress now?

Geri said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
You star card is awesome
And so are you too!

Okay, so I'm not a poet! But I am a pal who wants to wish a very nice lady the best day ever!

Congrats on the AE gig too!

XX OO

Mary-Anne V said...

Great star card and congrats on the new position!

Teri said...

You know what this?
It's a big, big, big, big happy grin on this girl's face!
So happy to see your card, K!
Thanks for linking it up and playing along!

Teri
(PS... Apple staters still rule! Xo!)