Thursday, March 27, 2014

OCCCAS3 Homework!

 

Hello stampy friends!!

 

Today’s the last day to upload “homework” for the latest Online Card Class: CAS3, so I’ve gathered up the projects that I completed and through I’d quickly share them.  But before I do that, I just wanted to mention that I truly love taking the Online Card Classes.  Each lesson is full to the brim with inspiration and *smacking my head* brilliant techniques and ideas that everyone should be adding to their arsenal of “go to” ideas.  Seriously, every single day I’m asking myself “why didn’t I think of that?”  But the truth is that Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner (and friends) are creative geniuses, and so very generous with their knowledge and talent.  I can’t wait for the next class!!  Let’s get to my homework, shall we?

 

OCCCAS3 Optical Illusion

 

I should start by saying that, for the most part, I just cased the samples of the various instructors.  I had ideas of my own, but in the interest of time, and the lack of wanting to screw it up and have to start over, I tried to follow as closely to their samples as I possibly could.  My first sample was inspired (and slightly different) from a card that Jennifer McGuire shared that was demonstrating different techniques to create an optical illusion on a one-layer card.  I need to figure out a better way to “lock down” my stencil to my project while I’m sponging the ink on, because mine moved around and shifted a bit.  Thankfully it adds to the optical illusion that I was trying to create, so it’s not super noticeable.  At least that’s what I told myself.  LOL

 

OCCCAS3 Textural Effects

 

This next project was inspired by a project and technique by Julie Ebersole called Textural Effects.  I again slightly deviated from but pretty closely CASE’d what Julie created.  I used a different sentiment and a different die to create the double embossing.  Isn’t it so cool?!!  I’ll most definitely be doing this again!!

 

OCCCAS3 Simple Coloring

 

This project was inspired by a technique and project that Kristina Werner created, and focused on Simple Coloring.  I colored Spectrum Noir pens in a rainbow pattern on vellum and put it behind the die cut sentiment and hearts.  Super easy, and very fun to create!  I used different dies than Kristina, but I pretty much CASE’d what she did.  Again, *smacking my head* brilliant!

 

OCCCAS3 Stamps 4 Ways

 

This final project was a project and technique by Julie Ebersole that I pretty much copied identically because I just thought it was so danged cute!  I would so do this again, because it came together quickly, and packs a super fun punch that I think would make anyone happy!

 

This is the first time that I’ve created so many of the homework assignments, and I loved exercising my creative chops to add some super fun and useful ideas and techniques to my card making arsenal.  If you need that extra “bump” to get out of a creative slump, I’m telling you these classes are priceless!!

 

That’s it for me today, friends.  It’s going to be a hot one here this weekend, but I’m hoping to get some more stuff done in my craft room.  I’ll be back tomorrow to share my latest Paper Smooches project.  Thanks so much for stopping by!!

2 comments:

Geri said...

Oh My Goodness!!! These are AMAZING!!! Wow - I bet you got tons of gold stars in grade school! You have some MAJOR SERIOUS talent going on here!!!

Beautifully shaded colors, fabulous golden highlights, rainbows of thanks and glistening sunshine....awesome sauce dear friend!

Happy Dance said...

I'd give you an A+ on all three cards! Great designs, awesome colors, and love that glitter! Bev