Thursday, May 1, 2014

Dreaming Always of You–Watercolor!

 

Happy Thursday, friends!

 

OCC Water Color Dreaming Always of You

 

Just popping in quickly to share a card that I created in anticipation of next week’s Online Card Class: Watercolor for Card Makers.  Being the over achiever that I am, I am determined to master this watercolor thing before class starts.   Unfortunately, I fear that it’s going to take more than just an afternoon of playing around to master this stuff.  It’s tough!  But I had fun playing today, and will continue to work on it until I’m happy with it!

 

This image is from a Studio Calico card kit that I purchased from my online friend, Gayatri [it’s called “Here, There, Everywhere,” but I believe it is no longer available].  I think it’s such a cute little doodled village/cityscape that just makes my heart happy.  Julie Ebersol shared a video a while back showing sort of an artsy fartsy water color splashed look on a Claudine Hellmuth image.  I felt like this image was similar in that it has that doodled look.  I stamped the image in black Archival ink onto watercolor paper, and then gave it a clean water wash just over the top of the stamped image.  Then I mixed up some dreamy water colors [Kuretake Gansai Tambi water colors, that I believe Mama Elephant will be carrying very, very soon!  THEY ARE AMAZEBALLS!] onto my palette and dripped them onto the wet image.  They blended and pooled in such a cool way!

 

This reminds me of the sweet colorful villages located in the Cinque Terre, Italy.  I visited there several years ago, and fell in love.  I will never forget what an amazing time I had there, and hope to visit again some time.  *sigh*

 

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’ll be back tomorrow to share my sample for the next Avery Elle AEI♥U Challenge!  Until then, have a good one!

 

 

13 comments:

Jean said...

You rocked it, you over-achiever, you! :-)

Brenda said...

This is gorgeous, Karolyn! It looks to me as if you've mastered it already!

Brenda said...

This is gorgeous, Karolyn! It looks to me like you've mastered it already! See you in class! :)

Lori Barnett said...

Amazeballs! LOL

~amy~ said...

Love!

Amy Rohl said...

This card is AMAZEBALLS, K! Love, love, love.

adele holcomb said...

I know what you mean about watercolor being harder than it looks (I'm struggling with it!) but your card turned out great. I love the way each building is highlighted in a different color!

Isha Gupta said...

GORGEOUS card Karolyn:)

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is beautiful! Love those watercolors!

Geri said...

Sure as heck deosn't look like the work of a beginner! Totally artsy farsty and cool!

Shelly said...

Awesome card! Love it!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Looks like a happy little city/town, I'd go there. Especially if it was in Italy! ;) LOVE!

Susanne Vargas said...

That stamp is adorable! And your watercoloring looks just perfect! Totally love this card!