Saturday, June 14, 2014

Some Amazing News & A Contest!!

 

Happy Saturday, sweet friends!!!

 

cutting_edge_dt_badge

 

It is an especially awesome day for me as I get to share a secret that I’ve been keeping for a couple of weeks now.  I’ve been invited by the lovely Jackie Rockwell to be a part of a brand spankin’ new challenge that she has created, and I am thrilled to little bits!!  Why?  Well, first of all because I’ve come to learn that challenges are in my blood.  They are what drive me, motivate me, and inspire me.  Second, because this brilliant challenge will focus on die cutting!!  Be still my heart!!  If you all ever had the chance to visit my craft room – you’d know that I loves me some die cutting, and I’d pretty much be considered a die hoarder.  LOL  If I died tomorrow, you’d probably find me buried underneath a stack of dies in my craft room.  LOL  No, but seriously – I love dies and die cutting!!  So when Jackie invited me to join, I jumped at the chance!  Dream come true!  Last, but not least, Jackie has gathered an amazing group of talented ladies to inspire you all each and every week, so to be included among these brilliant ladies is an honor and a thrill!  You can see for yourself who will be inspiring you by clicking on through to the Cutting Edge Challenge Blog (they’re also listed on my sidebar).

 

TCEC_GD_Challenge

 

The second bit of news that I get to share with you all is that we’re having a Guest Designer Search/Contest.  Each of the ladies on the design team have selected a project that they created that includes some form of die cutting, and your challenge is to select one of these projects as your inspiration, and create a new project.  You need to link up your newly created project over at the Cutting Edge Challenge blog by Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM EDT. Our Guest Designer will be announced next Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM EDT.   You can enter as many projects as you’d like, as long as they’re linked individually in the InLinkz tool located on the Cutting Edge Challenge Blog.  There are a few other details about the challenge that can be found on the Challenge Blog, so be sure and click on through to see what they are.

 

Phew!!  That’s a whole lotta information!!  Let me just close by saying that I’m so stinkin’ excited to be a part of this challenge, and I hope you’re just as excited to play along each week.  We’ll have our official FIRST challenge on Saturday, June 28, 2014 at 9:00 AM EDT.  So if you’re not interested in trying out as a Guest Designer, we’ll have the first actual Cutting Edge Challenge on June 28th.  So stay tuned – we’ve got loads and loads of fun ahead!!

 

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing in my amazing news!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

6 comments:

Geri said...

Congrats dear die cut queen and friend! Jackie sure knew who to ask! You are going to rock this DT. I can hardly wait to see all the goodies that you dream up!

I am really, REALLY going to try to get into this GD challenge, but I must admit the next month will be ca-razy!

Between yard work and hosting/co-hosting two anniversaries (a 30th and a 60th), it seems that all I've done is sliced and diced stuff for salads! BORING!

Congrats again pal!

Shelly said...

Congrats, on the DT! Sounds like a lot of fun...now, I just need to make a card! ;)

Erin Smetak said...

Congratulations!!!! That's awesome news, Karolyn!!!! I look forward to seeing your die-cutting expertise! 😉

Terri said...

Congrats on your latest DT gig...sounds as though you have died and gone to die cut Heaven! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Miss ya more than Swedish Fish!

Darnell said...

I'm thrilled to bits for you, Karolyn! Congratulations! What an asset you will be to Jackie for her brand new challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Cris G. said...

Congratulations, Karolyn! I'm sure you will do a great job inspiring us. I love a challenge all dedicated to die cutting :) = FUN!