I’m baaackkkk! LOL
Popping in quickly to share the next AEI♥U Challenge! I’m off to the zoo with my grandson, so let’s make it quick, shall we?
Clean and Simple – my FAVE kind of card!! If you’re not familiar with what “Clean and Simple” means, then click on through to the AEI♥U Challenge Blog for a brief description! But my take on Clean and Simple means that you have lots and lots of white space, with a focal image, simple design, and minimal embellishments. Here’s what I came up with!
I was trying to channel my inner Debby Hughes – that girl can create a clean and simple design like nobody’s business! It usually involves a vellum tag, some fun stenciling/distress inks, and some simple yet delicious embellishments (usually sequins and pearls and enamel dots (of course, placed perfectly!) I tried, but I’m not sure I succeeded – but that girl inspires me like no other! I did my best! LOL Here’s how I created my card:
- Trim card base from Lemon Grass CS
- Die cut Finished Frames Elle-Ments from Pure White CS
- Stencil mini hearts using stencil and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink
- Die cut tag using Gift Tags Elle-Ments and vellum CS
- Stamp martini glass and sentiment from We Go Together on vellum tag
- Cover the martini glass with VersaMark pen and heat emboss it multiple times using clear embossing powder to give the glass a “glossy” appearance
- Stamp the olive from We Go Together, color it with alcohol markers, and fussy cut it with my scissors; adhere it to the vellum tag with clear foam tape
- Tie white baker’s twine into a bow and adhere it to the to the top of the tag with a glue dot; adhere the finished tag to the card front with clear foam tape
- Adhere the main image panel to the card base with foam tape
That’s it, friends! Easy peasy!! We’d love to see what you’d create in response to the AEI♥U Challenge! You should click on through to the AEI♥U Challenge Blog for some additional inspiration from my sweet teammates, the challenge rules and regulations, as well as the linky tool for you to link up YOUR answer to the challenge! You have until Sunday, September 14th at 12:00 AM to link up your entry!
Thanks so much for stopping by again today! I’m off to the zoo with my grandson today, and hope to have lots of little adventures with him all weekend long! I hope you have some super fun plans ahead for your weekend!!