Friday, December 12, 2014

Avery Elle–Dotted Borders!


Hola chicas!!

I’m popping in for a bit to share another of the samples that I created for the Avery Elle Winter Release!

12-12-14 Dotted Borders

This project features the new Dotted Borders Elle-Ments!!  These dies come in a set of five, and include a scallop border, two hillside/snowy slopes and one straight line, all with the dainty dots that add just a touch of classic detail to every project!  And there are also two fun little dotted accents that I think would be super fun to help accent random areas on a project.  Here’s how I created this project:

  • Trim an A2 card base and front panel from Pure White CS.
  • Trim panels from five different cardstocks – Raspberry, Fizz, Mimosa, Lemon Grass, and Aquamarine – that measure 5.5” across, and then use the straight line Dotted Border to die cut each panel into a strip that measures .5” x 5.5”
  • Adhere each strip to the front panel at a diagonal angle to the card panel, butting each one up against the other as tightly as possible, but not overlapping.  Trim off the excess strips.
  • Trim 1/4” off of each side of the front panel and set those aside.
  • Die cut the sentiment using the Simply Said: You Elle-Ment, four times out of Pure White CS and once out of New Moon CS; adhere the white layers together and place the black one on the top.
  • Stamp the sentiment from Simply Said: You onto the front panel using black ink; adhere the You die cut just above the sentiment with liquid glue.
  • Adhere the front panel to the card base with foam tape.
  • Carefully peel off the colored strips from the trimmed white strips and adhere them to the card base, just offset from the front panel.
  • Adhere the clear dot embellishments with liquid glue.

I love the dotted details of these new dies - just enough sweet detail to really give your project that extra "oomph"!!  No die collection should be without them!  I’d love for you to click on through to the Avery Elle Design Team Blog to see what my sweet teamie, Katie Gehring, has to share with you!  It’s amazing!!  I’ve linked the products that I used below.

That’s it for me today, friends!!  I’ve got lots to accomplish today, so I’d better get moving!  Hope you have a great day!!



3 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so cool!! Offset rainbow stripes? Yes, please! ♥

Geri said...

LOVE how the bold YOU pops against these oh-so-pretty colors! Stunning effect creating the 'offset shadows' behind the main panel! You are sooooooo creative dear friend!!! XX OO

Cindy Groh said...

Awesome. I love it.