Monday, December 1, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge #73–Merry & Bright!


Hello stampy friends!

I’m back today with the latest Runway Inspired Challenge!  I missed the last two challenges due to my unexpected early trip back to Seattle, but I’m back now, and I’m so excited for you all to see the next inspiration photo!

RIC73 Graphic

Buh-BAM!!  Right?!!  How amazing is that dress?  It blew my mind – I knew right away what I wanted to create!

RIC73 - Merry and Bright

I was inspired by those amazing glittery jewel tones in the dress.  I would imagine that that dress weighs a ton, but the color combo and bling are killer!!  Here are the steps that I took to complete my project:

  1. Make an A2 top fold card base from white linen cardstock.  Trim the front image panel to 4.0 x 5.25, also out of white linen cardstock.
  2. Die cut the word Merry.
  3. Stamp the words “& Bright” (I did a bit of stamp surgery to get this sentiment) in VersaMark and heat emboss with Red Tinsel Embossing Powder.
  4. Adhere double sided tape to the card base (I used 1/4” and 1/8” together to give me a 3/8” stripe for each color of glitter), enough for four colors of glitter and so that it aligns behind the Merry die cut.
  5. Remove the release tape, one stripe at a time, and apply each color of glitter (I used Lapis, Onyx , Garnet and Yellow glitter.)
  6. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.

Super fast and easy to create!  I could totally see myself mass producing this one for our holiday cards.  I’m pretty sure my family and friends would fall over dead if I actually sent cards out this year!  LOL  I’ve listed the products that I used below.

We’d love for you to play along with us!  You should click on through to the Runway Inpsired Challenge Blog to see the other amazing creations that my sweet teamies made.  There you’ll find the rules and regs of the challenge, as well as the linky tool for you to play along!  Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is Butterfly Reflections Ink.

That’s it for me today, friends!  I plan to have an amazing day of cropping with my stampy chica!  Hope you have a great day, too!  Thanks so much for stopping by today – I love it when you do!




5 comments:

Harriet said...

I really like your interpretation of that "dress".....excellent. Thanks.

Teresa Doyle said...

Beautiful card. I can see being inspired by the colours of that dress! At first I thought you had heat embossed the lines but as I read learned you used glitter. Great idea. TFS!

Geri said...

This is awesome! The 'cutouts' in the sentiment die perfectly mimic the 'holes/cutout' areas on the bodice of the dress....good eye! Love the sparkle - so a-pro-pro for the season!

Nora Noll said...

Really love how you did the "cut outs" and used that bling. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous design!!!

francesca said...

amazing card! :)