Hello my loves!!
It’s Friday – the Friday before the Super Bowl!! Woohoo!! We are, of course, Seahawks fans!! I have a house full of guests arriving, and we’ll have a big ole’ party at our house on Sunday!! It’s going to be a riot!! Needless to say I have a million details to take care of today, and I’m headed to the airport to pick up my sister and brother-in-law. But I wanted to pop in quickly to share a couple of projects that I created for the Avery Elle Winter Release. These two projects feature the Berry Good Stamp Set and coordinating Berry Good Elle-Ments.
My first project was super easy to create. Here are the steps that I took:
- I laid the mask on top of the first image, and stamped again somewhat tilted to the left and offset to give the appearance that there are two pears there.
- I then stamped the sentiment in the middle of the larger pear and colored the entire image with Copic Markers.
- I trimmed out an A2, top fold card base from Maple Wood Grain CS.
- I die cut the front white panel using the Dotted Elle-Ments.
- I die cut the frame using the frame die included in the You’re Invited Elle-Ments.
- I wrapped some green jute around the white panel and tied it into a bow.
- I adhered the white panel and the trimmed frame to the card base with foam tape.
- I fussy cut the pears and adhered those to the frame with foam tape.
- Lastly, I attached some sequins to the card base with liquid glue.
I really need to work on my coloring, but other than that, I’m pretty happy with how this turned out! LOL
This second project was inspired by the same Faux Ceramic Tile technique that I learned from Julie Ebersole in the current Online Card Class that I’m taking – Clean & Simple 4: Techniques. This class has been a blast, with a ton of great ideas for bumping up your projects with fun and simple techniques. I deviated a bit from Julie’s technique. I stamped the cherry image from the Berry Good Stamp Set in VersaMark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I watercolored the cherries and leaf with some distress inks. and then embossed the the outside of the image using the cherry die from the Berry Good Elle-Ments. I also did a bit of stamp surgery on the sentiment – it comes stacked, and I just snipped it apart so that it would stamp in one line. I’m having a blast in this class!!
That’s it for me today, friends! I’m off to the airport (no doubt it’ll be a zoo) and then have a busy weekend of fun events, including the big Super Bowl party on Sunday!! Woohoo!! I’ll be back on Sunday with the next AEI♥U Challenge! Until then, GO HAWKS!! Have a great weekend!