I hope this lovely Friday finds you all doing well! I’m finally recovering from my HUGE weekend at CHA, so I’m happy to be back in the swing of things! Which is why I’m thrilled to be sharing another of my projects for the new Avery Elle Winter Release. This one features a couple of new stamp sets – Elle’s Alpha and Bee Mine (and the coordinating Bee Mine Elle-Ments).
Alphabet stamps are, in my opinion, the most under-utilized stamps out there – yet they’re so amazingly versatile!! I love that you can create your own sentiments with alpha sets, and the Elle’s Alpha stamp set is THE perfect size for that! Here are the steps that I took to create this project:
- Trim A2 card base from Pure White cardstock.
- Using a honeycomb stencil and some yellow ink, stencil the pattern on the card base with an ink blending tool.
- Die cut tag using Gift Tag Elle-Ments from Pure White cardstock.
- Stamp sentiment using Elle’s Alpha Stamp Set.
- Stamp bee from Bee Mine Stamp Set onto some Pure White cardstock; die cut using Bee Mine Elle-Ments; color bee body with alcohol marker and adhere to tag with foam tape.
- Stamp trail from Bee Mine Stamp Set.
- Tie yellow twine into a bow and adhere tag to card base.
TIPS: One thing that I learned as I created this project is that it’s sometimes a little tricky stamping individual stamps when they’re so little – as is the case with Elle’s Alpha. But I quickly learned that if I stuck each letter onto my acrylic block, inked it up, and then stuck an uninked sentiment onto my stamp block just above the letter, the uninked image gives my acrylic block some stability when I stamp onto my project. This prevents any rocking or uneven stamping!! Also, using an acrylic block with a grid helps line the letters up when stamping them individually – which is, in my opinion, the best way to use these stamps – one letter at a time.
Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Team Blog to see the gorgeous project that my sweet teammate, Katie Gehring, has created for you – it, too, features one of the newly released Avery Elle products and I’m sure you’re going to love it as much as I do!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I’ve got a fun day of cropping with my chicas planned for tomorrow, and I can’t wait! I hope you have some amazingly creative plans ahead for your weekend!