ALERT: THIS IS MY SECOND POST FOR TODAY – YOU CAN FIND MY AVERY ELLE DESIGN TEAM PROJECT FOR THIS WEEK HERE.
Hello sweet peeps!!
Man! Has it been a lousy week for me!! I’ve literally been sick in bed for two full weeks!! But I finally feel like I’m on the downswing of this thing and am so happy about that!! I also haven’t been able to spend as much time in my craft room as I would have liked, but I did get a few projects created. And the new AEI♥U Challenge is one of them. So let’s get to it, shall we?
I don’t know about you all, but I love spring!!! Flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, love is in the air, babies are being born, kids are getting antsy for the end of the school year, and it’s just an all around happy time – don’t you agree?!! Here’s my take on the inspiration:
One of the things that really reminds me of spring is weddings. I remember when my girls were in their sororities, and a common sentiment heard this time of year was “ring by spring.” Who doesn’t love a good wedding, right?!! So my card was super simple to create (again, I had limited energy and time in my craft room, so it had to be simple):
- Trim an A2 top folding card base from white cardstock; score at 5.5” and use a teflon bone folder to perfect the crease.
- Die cut a label from Sea Glass cardstock using the You’re Invited Elle-Ments.
- After a little stamp surgery, stamp the sentiment from Save the Date using VersaMark, and heat emboss it with Silver Twinkle embossing powder.
- Wrap silver elastic cord around the card base and tie into a bow. Adhere the label to the card base with foam squares.
- Again, doing a bit of stamp surgery, stamp the diamond from Many Thanks onto some white cardstock using VersaMark; heat emboss with White Diamond embossing powder; fussy cut the diamond and adhere it to the label with foam squares.
- Adhere a few clear sequins with liquid adhesive.
Couldn’t get any easier than that, right? Simple yet elegant. In my opinion, the best kind of wedding card. I’ve listed the products I used below. You should totally click on through to the AEI♥U Challenge Blog to see the loveliness that my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration! There are TWO $25 Avery Elle Gift Certificates up for grabs, and you have until Sunday, May 25th to play along!! We can’t wait to see what you will create!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, friends. I’ll be spending the entire weekend in my craft room . . . at least that’s the plan today. Let’s hope that this horrid cold is on board with that plan, too! Have a great weekend!!