It's release night, and all the amazing new My Favorite Things products for June are available NOW right HERE!!
I've been a crazy woman the last several weeks, but I was able to create a fun project for tonight's release!!
When I got my hands on the new Flutter of Butterflies Lace Die-Namics, I knew they'd be perfect for the Faux Ceramic Tile technique, which is UBER easy to do!! Here's how I created it!
- Trim an A2 top-folding card base from Smooth White Cardstock.
- Trim a piece of masking paper to 2" x 2"; adhere it to the top of a Twinchie square.
- Place the Flutter of Butterflies Lace Die-Namic on top of the masked Twinchie and run it through your manual die cutting machine. Because of the thickness of the Twinchie, the die will cut through the mask, but won't cut through the Twinchie - it will merely emboss the image.
- With tweezers or a paper piercer, carefully remove the outside margin of the masking paper, and apply Sno Cone Pigment ink with an ink dobber.
- Carefully remove parts of the mask from the details of the butterfly, and apply Razzle Berry, Blu Raspberry, Orange Fizz, Sour Apple and Lemon Drop Pigment ink to those spots with an ink dobber. Remove the rest of the mask to reveal the outline of the butterfly.
- Apply VersaMark ink to the image square, apply clear embossing powder, and heat emboss with a heat tool. Repeat this process two to three times more to provide a clear finish. On the last application, sprinkle small bits of gold embossing powder to the outside perimeter of the image square and heat with the embossing tool.
- Apply adhesive to the back of the image square and attach gold thread.
- Trim a piece of black and white patterned paper 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" and adhere to the back of the image square with foam squares.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Written in Watercolor Stamp Set using Black Licorice Pigment Ink. Apply clear embossing powder and emboss with heat tool.
- Die cut the body of the butterfly from Black Licorice Cardstock and adhere to the image square with liquid adhesive. Adhere the image square to the card base.
That's it!! So easy, yet so fun!! This continues to be one of my all time favorite techniques, so when I find detailed dies like the Flutter of Butterflies Lace Die-Namics, I love to give it a go! I hope you'll give it a try, as well!! I've listed the products that I used below.
Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog for links to all of the projects created by my sweet teammates for the New Product Launch!! I promise you'll be amazed!!
That's it for me today, friends!!! Thanks so much for stopping by - I so appreciate it when you do!!