I’m popping in to share a project that I created using some My Favorite Things products! Check it:
Okay, I was totally inspired by THIS card that I saw on Laura Bassen’s blog. That girl is an ink blending/rainbow-creating genius! I’m still working on my ink blending skills, but I so love the look. I also utilized a little trick that my sweet friend and teammate, Laurie Willison, shared – the Press N’ Seal trick! Have you heard of it?!! Oh my gosh – it’s so cool!! Laurie shared a little video on this technique HERE. I have really talented friends, don’t I?!! LOL
Anywho! This card was pretty easy, really. Here’s how I created it:
- I started out by blending Razzle Berry, Lemon Drop, and Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Inks together onto a sheet of Smooth White Cardstock to create the rainbow panel.
- Once blended, I sprayed the blended panel with some Sheer Shimmer Mist to add a little sparkle – who doesn’t love sparkle, right?! I then trimmed the panel so that it was smaller than my A2 top-folding Smooth White Cardstock card base.
- Next, I die cut the panel using the Abstract Cover-Up Die-Namic. Here’s where the Press N Seal comes in – I covered the front of the die cut panel with Press N Seal and carefully removed the frame of the die cut, as well as the cuts to the left of the panel, leaving me with the remaining die cuts.
- I trimmed another piece of Smooth White Cardstock (the same size as the trimmed rainbow panel), stamped the sentiment from Written in Watercolor using Black Licorice Pigment Ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
- I added foam tape to the back of each piece of the remaining pieces of the rainbow die cut, and used the Press N Seal to carefully adhere them to the panel with the sentiment.
- I adhered the entire panel to the card base with more foam tape.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezie! I love how bold those abstract rainbow die cuts look against the white, and I love that I stretched my die by only using a portion of the die cut, allowing me to create some space for the sentiment – it’s not so overpowering! I’ve listed the products I used below.
That’s it for me today, sweet friends! Thanks so much for stopping by today – I appreciate it more than you know! Have a great day!!