Happy Monday, friends!
And Happy Labor Day to my U.S. friends! I’m popping in quickly today to share a project that I created for the Ellen Hutson LLC Mix It Up Challenge! I squealed with delight when I saw that the partnering company for this challenge is Impression Obsession, which meant that I could whip out my all time fave Halloween border die to pair with Julie’s new stamps and dies called Got Candy? !!
Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2 horizontal top-folding card base from some Solar White CS; score with Mini Score Board, fold in half and perfect crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
- Trim an A2 image panel from Solar White CS. Using Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon and Dusty Concord Distress Ink and a Round Mini Ink Blending Tool, blend the three inks to create a spooky skyline. Splatter water droplets onto the panel, to activate the distress ink.
- Die cut the Halloween Hill Border Die from some Licorice CS.
- Position the border die cut onto the ink blended panel, and die cut both using the Wonky Stitches Elle-Ments. Adhere the Halloween Hill die cut to the ink blended panel with foam squares.
- Stamp the ghost and speech bubble from the Got Candy? onto some Solar White CS using Onyx Black Pigment Ink; heat emboss both with Clear Embossing Powder. Die cut the ghost and speech bubble using the coordinating Got Candy? Dies. Adhere to the image panel with foam squares.
- Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam squares.
Fun, right?!! I don’t usually send out Halloween cards, but I might just have to pop this one into the mail to my AZ chica who loves Halloween!! I think she’d get a kick out of it! You should totally play along with the MIx It Up Challenge – you have until September 15th and one random winner will win a $50 Gift Certificate to the Ellen Hutson online store! I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.
That’s it for me today, friends!! I’ll be hanging out in my craft room over the next several days in order to get caught up on some deadlines and actually try to get ahead! We’ll be leaving soon to head back to AZ, and I really need to get some stuff done before I pack up my crafty crap! LOL Hope you have a great day! I’ll be back soon with another project! Until then, thanks so much for spending part of your day here with me!