Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My Favorite Things–Be Happy and Smile!


Hello my loves!!

I’ve been a crafting fool the last couple of days – hoping to get ahead a bit in anticipation of our transition back to Arizona next week.  I have a couple of projects to share with you this week, and I’m excited to start with a project that I created with some yummy My Favorite Things products!  Check it!

KKL_SEP2315

I probably should have posted this project yesterday, since it was the last day of summer.  Ugh.  I love summer.  So let’s just say that this is my last little piece of summer before fall and winter set in!  Right?!  This project features some darling images from the Things With Wings Stamp Set, and the sentiment is from the Totally Happy Stamp Set.  Here’s how I created this project:

  1. Trim an A2 top-folding card base from Smooth White Card Stock; score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon bone folder.
  2. Die cut an image panel from Smooth White Card Stock using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.  Die cut a circle from the image panel using the Circle Stax Die-Namics.
  3. Trim an A2 panel from Stamping Mask Paper, die cut the same circle as in Step 2, and adhere the mask to the card base.  Using a mini ink blending tool, blend Sno Cone Premium Dye Ink inside the masked circle.  Carefully remove the mask.  Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.
  4. Stamp the bird and bird house from the Things With Wings Stamp Set onto some Smooth White Card Stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, color with Copic Markers, and die cut with the coordinating Things With Wings Die-Namics.
  5. Die cut the Flower & Leaf Trio Die-Namics from some Lemon Drop and Ripe Raspberry Card Stock.  Assemble the flowers with adhesive, and add a black enamel dot in the centers.  Die cut the leafy vine using the Leaf Filled Flourish Die-Namic from Limelight Card Stock.
  6. Die cut a banner using the Dimensional Banners Die-Namics from Limelight Card Stock.  Stamp the sentiment from the Totally Happy Stamp Set using Black Licorice Pigment Ink, and heat emboss it with Clear Embossing Powder.
  7. Assemble the remainder of the card with foam tape.

So what do you think?  Are you ready for Summer to end and Fall to begin?  I’m not . . . but somehow I don’t think I have much of a choice!  Ha!  I’ve listed the products that I used below.

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’ll be back tomorrow with more creative goodies!  Thanks so much for stopping by today – I hope you’ll come back again real soon!!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

So tweet!!! Another gorgeous card!

Christine Kiehl said...

What a classy card! I love the colors and how you have placed the swirly branch! Fussy cut is just so perfect, nicely done!

Unknown said...

Oh Karolyn, this SO beautiful!! LOVE the gorgeous scene you created and the vine with the flowers, just so very pretty!

Geri said...

Blown away by the sweetness of your delightful birdie tree house!