Friday, October 16, 2015

Avery Elle–Pick N Mix!


ETA:  I added the step-by-step instructions below.

Happy Fri-YAY, friends!!

I’m on my way to the airport as you all are reading this post!  I’ll be picking up two of my crafting girlies for a fun (and hopefully sunny) girls’ weekend!!  There will be lots of crafting, and drinking, and laughing, and drinking, and crafting!!  Does that not sound like so much fun?!!  So I hope you’ll  forgive me for this drive-by post!!  Popping in quickly to share a super fun and easy Halloween treat bag that I created using the new Pick N Mix Stamp Set from Avery Elle!

10-16-15-Pick-N-Mix

Cute, right?!!  This project features the Pick N Mix Stamp Set, the coordinating Pick N Mix Elle-Ments, and the Scalloped Banner Elle-Ments, all from the Fall 2015 Release

Here's how I created it:

  1. Using the Scalloped Banner Elle-Ments, die cut the scalloped banner panel from Mimosa Card Stock,  and the pierced banner panel from white card stock.
  2. Trim strips of orange gingham and black and white polka dot pattern paper and adhere them to the white panel; trim off the excess with your scissors.
  3. Stamp the candy bag and candy corn images from the Pick N Mix Stamp Set using Tuxedo Black Ink onto white cardstock; die cut them using the Pick N Mix Elle-Ments.
  4. Color the candy bag and candy corn with Copic Markers.
  5. Stamp the sentiment from the Pick N Mix Stamp Set onto the white panel.
  6. Adhere the candy bag and candy corn to the white banner with foam squares.
  7. Wrap black and white baker's twine at the top of the white banner and tie into a bow.  Adhere the white banner to the yellow banner with foam squares.  Adhere the candy bag and loose candy corn to the white banner with foam squares.
  8. Fill the treat bag with goodies (I got the treat bags at a local party store, but I found some similar on Amazon HERE.) and fold over the top to loosely seal in the contents.
  9. Trim a strip of cute Halloween paper (I used a scrap from my scrap bin) and adhere it to the top of a small clothespin.  Use the clothespin to attach the banner to the treat bag.

I’ve listed the products I used below.

Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog to see even more amazing inspiration – I promise it’ll be worth your effort!  I’ve got another post scheduled to go live tomorrow morning, so I hope you’ll stop in again to check it out!!  Until then, thanks so much for sharing part of your day with me!!

PRODUCTS USED:

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Just darlin'!

Geri said...

I love candy corn so I LOVE this card! But even if I didn't love candy corn I would still love this card cuz it has polkie dots on it too!

I Card Everyone said...

Sounds like just the right amount of fun to me, Karolyn!!! LOve this goody bag, and your candy corn!!! Wish I was with you, too...
=] Michele

Caryn said...

ARGH - I LOVE IT!! AMAZING! SO LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING A CRAFTY, GIRLIE, DRINKY TIME WITH YOU AT CHA - i THINK WE MIGHT HAVE QUITE A BIT IN COMMON ;)

(oops - didn't mean to shout that!!)
Hugs and safe travels
Caryn xxx

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

You would fit right in Michele! I hope it can happen sooner rather than later!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

I have no doubt that we're going to have a BLAST Caryn!! Can't WAIT!! XOXO

Becca Yahrling said...

What a fun, fun, fun card! Love how you used the color strips on the tag of white.