It’s been a few days since I posted. I decided to make a surprise trip back to Seattle for my granddaughter’s first birthday. As you read this, hopefully I’ve pulled off the surprise – I’ll let you know how it goes! LOL I wanted to pop in and share a project that I created with some of the newly released My Favorite Things products! When I saw the Fireplace Die-Namics, I just knew that I had to figure out a way to get Santa down that chimney!
How funny is this?! I’m so happy with how this turned out – exactly how it looked in my head! Here’s how I created it:
- Trim an A2 top-folding card base from Wild Cherry Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut an image panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.
- Using the Brick Wall Cover Up DieNamic and an Embossing Pad, emboss the Brick Wall pattern into a piece of Sweet Tooth Cardstock. Die cut the Fireplace from the embossed brick wall panel. Die cut the mantel and hearth, also from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Die cut the grate from Black Licorice Card Stock, and the log from Hot Fudge Card Stock.
- Using the Fireplace as a guide, mask off most of the Santa image from the Jingle All the Way Stamp Set, and stamp it onto the image panel with Black Licorice Hybrid Ink so that Santa’s legs and belly are hanging out of the fireplace. Color the image with Copic Markers.
- Stamp the packages from the Jingle All the Way Stamp Set using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, color them with Copic Markers, and die cut them using the Jingle All the Way Die-Namics.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Jingle All the Way Stamp Set onto the mantel using Black Licorice Pigment Ink and heat emboss it with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Assemble the card using foam tape and liquid adhesive. Apply a coat of Glossy Accents to Santa’s boots and belt. Adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins to the image panel with Glossy Accents. Apply Clear Wink of Stella to the ribbons on the packages.
There ya have it!!! I’m pretty happy with how this turned out. I decided not to put a fire in the fireplace. I didn’t want to burn Santa’s booty. LOL I’ve listed the products that I used below.
That’s it for today, friends! I’ll be hanging with my family for the next several days, but I’ll be back with another project tomorrow and Friday! Thanks so much for stopping by today – I hope you’ll come back again real soon!