I’m popping in quickly to share a project that I created for the Avery Elle Throw Back Thursday!! This month’s Throwback Thursday featured set is called Lots of Love – a set full of very versatile sentiments to show your love and appreciation for someone you love and/or admire.
I love these Throw Back Thursdays because they give me a chance to pull out older stamp sets that I forget how much I loved them. Here’s how I created this project:
- Trim a horizontal A2 top-folding card base from Solar White Card Stock; score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
- Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, lightly blend Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink onto the front of the card base.
- Lay the Falling Hearts Stencil on top of the ink blended card base, secure it with painter’s tape, and use a baby wipe or wet rag to gently dab at the heart openings, carefully removing the distress ink.
- Using the large A2 rectangle die from the Custom Panels Elle-Ments, die cut an image panel from Solar White Card Stock. Die cut an opening in the image panel and a sentiment panel using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments.
- Adhere the outside frame to the card base with foam squares.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Lots of Love Stamp Set onto the center of the sentiment rectangle using Onyx Black Pigment Ink. Heat emboss the sentiment with Clear Embossing Powder. Adhere the sentiment panel to the card base with foam squares.
- Die cut hearts from Silver Glitter Paper using the heart dies from the Sweet Scallops Elle-Ments. Adhere them to the sentiment panel with Multi Matte Medium.
That’s it – super easy and a fresh take on an older stamp set. Plus, I think this would make someone’s day to receive it in the mail – perfect for Jennifer McGuire’s Spread Handmade Kindness Campaign! This baby is going in the mail to someone special today – maybe it’ll be you!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! We’re headed out of town for a long weekend – but I’ve pre-posted another Avery Elle card that will go live here on my blog tomorrow! I hope you’ll drop by then!!