Friday, November 20, 2015

Avery Elle–Penguin Greetings!

 

Happy Fri-YAY!!

 

It truly is Fri-YAY for me as my kids are arriving for the Thanksgiving holiday today!!  YAY!!  So I’ll be quick with my post today – I hope you all understand.  I’m popping in to share another project using the Avery Elle Fall 2015 Release!  Today’s project features the Penguin Greetings Stamp Set and coordinating Elle-Ments!

 

11-20-15-Penguin-Greetings

 

Is that penguin not so stinkin’ cute?!!  I had a blast putting this together!  But I will tell you that the “S” word is a naughty word in our house.  I’m not a fan of snow – I pretty much hate the stuff just because it impedes me from getting on with my life!  I don’t know how to drive in it, and neither does anyone else!  LOL  I know that probably makes me a bit of a Scrooge.  But I’m okay with that.  So there won’t be any thinking about snow going on around here – that’s for sure!  LOL  Here’s how I created this project:

 

  1. Trim an A2 top-folding horizontal card base from White Linen Card Stock.  Score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Trim an A2 sized panel from Stamping Mask Paper and Solar White Card Stock.  Die cut an oval from the Stamping Mask Paper using the Sweet Scallops Elle-Ments.  Remove the oval and the release paper from the back of the mask frame, and adhere the frame to the white panel.  Lightly apply some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to the upper portion of the oval with a Mini Ink Blending Tool.  Before removing the mask, reinsert the oval die back into the masked area and emboss the die into the panel with an embossing pad and your Big Shot.  Carefully remove the mask.  Using the scalloped oval die from the Sweet Scallops Elle-Ments, die cut the white panel around the embossed and inked area.  Adhere it to the card base with foam squares.
  3. On a scrap of Solar White Card Stock, lightly blend some Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Ink.  Use the Avery’s Alphas Elle-Ments to die cut an S, N and W from the inked panel.
  4. Stamp the penguin image from the Penguin Greetings Stamp Set onto a piece of Solar White Card Stock using Tuxedo Black Ink.  Stamp it again onto a piece of red patterned paper and trim out the ski vest.  Adhere it to the penguin and die cut the penguin using the Penguin Greetings Elle-Ments.  Apply Copic Markers for shading on the penguin image.  Die cut the snowboard from the same patterned paper.
  5. Assemble the card with foam squares.  Stamp the sentiment from the Penguin Greetings Stamp Set above the S.
  6. Using a VersaMark Pen apply spots of watermark ink to the tops of the letters and onto the snow board.  Emboss those areas with Sparkly Puff embossing powder.  Adhere the snowflakes and Sparkling Clear Sequins to the image panel with Multi Matte Medium.

 

Easy peasy!  He’s pretty darned cute, don’t you think?!  I’ve linked the products that I used below (I usually link in my description, too – but no time for that today!  Sorry!)  I hope you’ll click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog for more awesome inspiration!

 

That’s it for me today, friends!!!  I plan to have a very fun and busy weekend with the kids – I’ll be back next week with more projects!!  Thanks so much for stopping by today – I hope you have a great weekend, too!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Such a cute card! I love your card's design as well as all the colors you used.

Unknown said...

I think this is such an adorable card. The little image is so cute. Your did such a nice job of choosing and using the colors. And this is a great design. TFS

TK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TK said...

Adorable! You're right, that penguin is stinkin' cute in his amazing little sweater vest!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Snow cute!