Hello stampy friends!!
I’m still busting my booty to get caught up – my oldest daughter and her family will be here on Friday, so I’ve got a lot to do before they arrive! But I wanted to pop in and share a project that I created with some My Favorite Things products!
It truly inspired me! I loved the translucency of the gold stems and angle on the flute, and the dimensional snowflakes embossed on the diagonal – soooo pretty!! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2 top folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half, and perfect crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut a scalloped rectangle panel from Translucent Vellum using the scalloped rectangle in the Blueprints 20 Die-Namics. Die cut an image panel from Watercolor Cardstock using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics.
- Using light tack masking tape, mask off a portion of another piece of Watercolor Card Stock on a diagonal. Paint the lower portion of the masked off panel with gold water color. Allow to fully dry; once dry, die cut two champagne flutes using the Layered Champagne Glass Die-Namics. Stamp the snowflake from the Snowflake Flurry Stamp Set onto each flute using Delicata Gold Pigment Ink; heat emboss it with clear embossing powder.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Hand Lettered Holiday Stamp Set onto the stitched image panel using Delicata Gold Pigment Ink. Heat emboss it with clear embossing powder. Thin out the gold water color with water and splatter it with a paint brush onto the stitched image panel. Stamp the “sparkles” from the Snowflake Flurry Stamp Set using the Delicata Gold Pigment Ink onto the image panel.
- Adhere the stitched image panel to the scalloped vellum panel using foam tape. Adhere them to the card base with more foam tape.
- Adhere the champagne die cuts to the image panel with foam tape. Adhere the Sparkling Clear Sequins to the image panel with Glossy Accents.
Super simple, and a fun way to celebrate the new year! This could easily be turned into a wedding card, or any kind of celebratory occasion for that matter! I’ve listed the products that I used below.
That’s it for me, my friends. I’ll be back in my craft cave getting stuff done all day long! Thanks so much for dropping by today – I so love it when you do!! Have a good one!