Hello my people!!
I am thrilled to little bits to be joining the amazing ladies of the Color Throwdown Challenge this month as a Guest Designer!! If I haven’t told you, challenges are what used to inspire and drive me to create. I used to play challenges as often as I could. But I’ve been so busy of late, that I really haven’t had the chance to play along with any challenges as often as I’d like! I was super excited when the sweet Barbara Anders invited me to join in on the fun for November! Check out this amazing color combo for this week!!
I was so inspired by this color combo – it’s so trendy and elegant!! Here’s my answer to the challenge!
Boom!! Seriously, this color combo really charged up my creative mojo! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, top-folding card base from Coral Crush Card Stock, score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Die cut an image panel from White Linen Card Stock using the Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Dies.
- Using the Coved Labels Dies and an Embossing Mat, emboss the stitched label into the image panel.
- Stamp the wreath from the Autumn Blessings Stamp Set on the image panel using Mojito Pigment Ink. Stamp the rose images from the same stamp set using Ginger Pigment Ink.
- Stamp three more of the rose images on a scrap of White Linen Card Stock using Ginger Pigment Ink, and die cut them using the Autumn Blessings Dies. Adhere them to the image panel with foam squares.
- Die cut the Hello Script Die once from Gold Foil Card Stock and three times from White Linen Card Stock. Adhere the layers together with Multi Matte Medium, making sure to place the gold foil die cut on the top. Adhere the stacked die cut to the image panel with Multi Matte Medium.
- Adhere a few patches of Heart of Gold Prills to the wreath with Multi Matte Medium. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam squares.
There you have it!! My answer to this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! I’ve linked the products that I used below.
Please click on through to the Color Throwdown Challenge Blog for the rules of the challenge as well as the linkie tool to add your beautiful work to the challenge gallery. And then click on through to the other incredibly talented CTD design team ladies who have created more amazing inspiration for your viewing pleasure! I’ve listed them all below!
Broni Holcombe Joan Ervin
Karolyn Loncon <---YOU ARE HERE!
Thanks so much for stopping by today – it’s been a super busy week here on the ole’ bloggo, so I sure do appreciate it when you stop by to visit! I’ll be back tomorrow with another Avery Elle Project! Until then, have a great day!