I’m so excited to be joining some of my sweet teammates on the My Favorite Things Design Team for this month’s Die-Namics Design Challenge! This month’s challenge is Holiday Tags! Here’s what we were challenged with:
Brown paper packages tied up with strings…these are a few of My Favorite Things. Tag, you’re it! Time to embellish those pretty packages with tags accented by our extensive collection of holiday-appropriate Die-namics. MFT has the tools and our team is bringing the imagination so dive into those last minute details - Christmas is just around the corner.
So fun, right?!! I think you all know by now, I am in love with dies – and MFT has an enormous selection of both coordinating dies as well as stand alone dies. When I saw this challenge, I – being the rebel that I am – decided to think outside the box. One of the things that I’ve been fascinated with this holiday season are those DIY Snow Globes made out of mason jars! You’ve seen them, right?!! So cute!! So, I decided to make some DIY Snow Globe Holiday Tags fashioned after the real thing!! Here’s what I came up with!!
Are they not so stinkin’ cute?!! I was definitely patting myself on the back at my genius. LOL Here are a few close ups for you:
Oh my gosh – I think they’re going to look so cute on our holiday packages, don’t you think?!! Here’s a close up of what the inside of each tag looks like:
Here’s a generic step-by-step of how I created these tags:
- Trim a piece of Sno Cone Card Stock to 4.25” x 5.5” Score at 2.75”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Position the mason jar from the Mason Jar Die-Namics Set onto the folded card stock, such that a slight portion of the top of the die extends beyond the crease. Run it through your manual die cutting machine. Repeat this process three more times (I was able to get three cuts from each folded piece of card stock) – or as many times as you want for the number of tags that you need.
- Die cut the mason jar a second time for each tag from Sno Cone Card Stock.
- Stamp each mason jar with the Snowfall Background using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink.
- Trim an A2 piece of Smooth White Card Stock and adhere a double sided adhesive sheet. Apply a layer of Warm Diamond Glitter. Using the Stitched Snow Drift Die-Namics, die cut two different snow drifts. Layer the two snow drifts on top of each other and use the bottom edge of the mason jar die to die cut the snow drifts for each tag. Adhere the snow drifts to each tag.
- Stamp several of the images from the Winter Wonderland Stamp Set using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink – I stamped the two reindeer, the sleigh, the snowman, the mailbox and letter onto Smooth White Card Stock; I stamped the trees onto Elf Green Card Stock using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink; and I stamped the gingerbread house onto Kraft Card Stock using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink. Using the coordinating Winter Wonderland Die-Namics, die cut each image. Color the images with Copic Markers and embellish them with a white gel pen and dimensional sparkly embossing powder. Assemble each tag using foam tape.
- Die cut the mason jar lids from Silver Sparkle Card Stock using the Mason Jar Die-Namics Set.
- Die cut the mini tags from Black Licorice Card Stock using the Mason Jar Die-Namics Set.
- Assemble each tag with foam tape and adhesive.
- Wrap red and white baker’s twine around the top of each tag, thread it through the hole in the mini tag, and tie a bow. Punch a hole in the back of the tag and loop more red and white baker’s twine through the hole.
There you have it!! I plan to make more of these for a friend of mine who likes to use hand made tags on her holiday gifts for her grandson! I really think she’s going to love these! I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.
Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the projects that my amazing teammates created for this challenge and to inspire you all to get those Die-Namics out and create some holiday tags!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I’m having a blast with my daughter and her family, so you’ll forgive me if it’s a bit quiet around here for a few days. I have a few more projects pre-posted, and they’ll go live soon. In the meantime, I’ll be in the pool with my grandkids!! LOL TTFN!