I’m so excited to be joining a few of my sweet My Favorite Things teammates to share some fun inspiration and ideas for quick gifts or treats on the fly. Here’s what we were challenged with:
We’ve all been there…running out the door to a party or event and realizing, eek!, that we need a last-minute gift. Whether it’s for a teacher, party host, or gift exchange with friends, it’s incredibly helpful to have a store of quick gift options stashed away in your repertoire. Join us this month as our team shares some of their ideas for crafting 10 minute treats your recipient will love.
Awesome idea, right?! I actually really love creating non-card projects using my crafty supplies! It’s a super fun way to stretch those stamps and dies and get more bang for your buck – plus your friends and family will be blown away! BONUS!! Here’s what I created:
So, I decided to create a cute little holiday/winter DIY Hot Chocolate Jar! My vision was that this would be a great hostess gift, neighbor gift, or something sweet for your postman/lady, or paper boy! And it was super easy to create!
- Fold a 4.25” x 5.5” piece of Sweet Tooth Card Stock in half (score at 2.75” on the 5.5” side) and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Position one of the mittens from the Cozy Mittens Die-Namics onto the folded cardstock, making sure to extend the top of the mitten die beyond the score so that the upper edge doesn’t cut. Run it through your manual die-cutting machine. Die cut the mitten again from a scrap of Sweet Tooth Card Stock.
- Using the Nordic Knits Stamp Set, stamp a pattern onto the single mitten die cut with VersaMark and heat emboss with red embossing powder.
- On the inside of the folded mitten, stamp the sentiment from the Hug In A Mug Stamp Set with VersaMark and heat emboss with green embossing powder.
- With a 1/8” hole punch, punch a hole at the top of the folded mitten. Thread and loop white crochet thread through the tag hole.
- Tie white crochet thread around the cuff of the stamped mitten. Adhere the stamped mitten on top of the folded mitten with foam tape. Adhere a green enamel dot to the center of the snowflake on the mitten.
HOT CHOCOLATE JAR:
- I always have a couple of containers and jars on hand just for occasions when you need a quick gift! I had this jar in my stash, and I knew it would be perfect for some yummy holiday-themed hot chocolate mix!
- I filled the bottom portion of the jar with Nestle’s Rich Hot Chocolate Mix. To keep the other goodies from sinking into the hot chocolate mix, I layered a coffee filter on top.
- Then I layered some mini red and green M&M’s baking bits.
- Then I layered some crushed peppermint candy.
- The last layer is some dehydrated mini marshmallows that will expand when dropped into the hot chocolate. But you could totally use real mini marshmallows!
- I wrapped the lid with some red stitched ribbon that I had in my stash, and tied it into a bow.
- I die cut some self-adhesive vinyl that I had in my stash using the Let It Snowflake Die-Namics. I peeled the paper backing off the vinyl and adhered them to the outside of the jar.
- I tied the tag to the ribbon on the jar lid.
Easiest hostess gift ever!! Here’s a pic of the inside of the tag:
This seriously was so fun to make and super easy! We have several holiday parties that I’ll be bringing these to – hoping the hostesses like them as much as I do! I've linked all of the products that I used below. Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the other brilliant 10 Minute Gifts and Treats that my teammates have created for your inspiration! No doubt you’ll be as impressed as I was!!
That’s it for me today, friends!!! I’m headed to Seattle for the holidays in a couple of days, but I’ll be back very soon with more yummy inspiration for you! Thanks so much for spending part of your day with me here – I so love it when you stop by!