I’ve been a bit disconnected lately! We’re in Seattle enjoying our friends and family, and it’s been a whirlwind to say the very least. We have a few more days of holiday hoopla, and then we’ll be headed back to Phoenix! But I wanted to pop in quickly and share a holiday card that I created with some of my My Favorite Things goodies!
This was created using the holly and berry images from the Winter Warmth Stamp Set, and the Hand Lettered Holiday Stamp Set. Here’s how I created it!
- Trim an A2 vertical top-folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon bone folder.
- Die cut a panel from Red Hot Card Stock using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 13 Die-Namics Set.
- Stamp the Linen Background Stamp onto the red panel using VersaMark.
- Using the arched aperture die from the Blueprints 3 Die-Namics Set, die cut an arched opening from the red panel.
- Center the red panel onto the card base and temporarily adhere it. Trace a circle with a pencil in the center of the opening using one of the Circle STAX 1 Die-Namics. Remove the red panel from the card base to do your stamping.
- Stamp the holly image from the Winter Warmth Stamp Set repeatedly around the circle, alternating with Jelly Bean Green and Gumdrop Green Premium Dye Inks. Stamp the berry image from the Winter Warmth Stamp Set using Red Hot Premium Dye Ink. Use an eraser to remove the pencil drawn circle from the stamped image.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Hand Lettered Holiday Stamp Set using Black Licorice Pigment Ink and heat emboss it with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Wrap gold thread around the bottom portion of the red panel and tie it into a bow. Adhere the red panel to the card base with foam tape.
- Adhere Metallic Gold Sequins to the wreath stamped image using Glossy Accents.
That’s it! I have one last My Favorite Things holiday card that I’ll share with you next week! I’ve listed the products that I used on this project below. In the meantime, I’ll be running around town trying to get some last minute stocking stuffers, and spend some last precious days with our kids and grandkids before we head back to Phoenix on Friday. It has snowed off and on here – which stresses my out like crazy! But I’m hoping that the roads will still be easy to navigate so that I can get my stuff done!! Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and an extraordinary New Year! Thanks so much for sharing part of your day here with me – it always warms my heart and makes me so happy!