Gosh – can you believe it’s December already?!! Holy cow – November flew by!! But I’m excited to share a project that I created using some of the brand spankin’ new My Favorite Things products being released tonight!
Is that giraffe from the new Sweet Safari Stamp Set not the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?!! I am in love with every single one of the adorable animals in that set!! Oh – and check out that Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle vellum layer, too – be still my heart! Prepare to be bombarded with Mini Scallops!! LOL Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2 vertical, top-folding card base from Orange Zest Prestige Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Using a MISTI Tool, position the painted stripes image from the Distressed Patterns Stamp Set, ink it up with VersaMark, and stamp it repeatedly onto the card base. I simply left the stamp in position and moved the card base incrementally to make sure the whole base was stamped, reinking between stamped images.
- Die cut a scalloped layer from Translucent Vellum Card Stock using the Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle STAX. Adhere it to the card base with foam tape, positioning it slightly off center.
- Die cut an image panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the Rectangle STAX Set 2 Die-Namics. Wrap the panel with jute twine and tie it into a bow.
- Stamp the giraffe image from the Sweet Safari Stamp Set, using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink, onto an orange polka dot piece of paper from the Painted Prints Citrus 6 x 6 Pad. Heat emboss with White Embossing Powder. Die cut the giraffe using the coordinating Sweet Safari Die-Namics. Adhere it to the image panel with foam tape.
- Die cut a leafy branch from Gumdrop Green Card Stock using the Leafy Green Die-Namics; slip it into the mouth of the giraffe (I used my detail scissors to cut a small slit in the giraffe’s mouth for the branch.)
- Die cut a banner from Kraft Card Stock using the Blueprints 18 Die-Namics. Stamp the sentiment from the Sweet Safari Stamp Set in VersaMark and heat emboss it with green embossing powder. Adhere it to the card base with foam tape.
Super easy, and really fun to create!! I will most definitely be using the Sweet Safari Stamp Set often – you can bet on that, sistah! ALL of the new products, many of which I used here on my project, are available for sale NOW. All you have to do is click on the widget below! It’ll take you directly to the new section of the My Favorite Things Boutique!
I hope you’ll click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog where you’ll find links to the projects that my other sweet teammates have created for your inspiration!! I believe that there are prizes to be won for commenting on each of the projects listed, so be sure and click on through to all of them and comment for your chance to win!
That’s it for me today, friends!!! Thanks so much for stopping by – I am ever so grateful when you do!! Have a great day!