Hello, and Happy New Year!!
It’s time for the next AEI♥U Challenge, and it promises to be a fun one!!
How perfect, considering the time of year, right?!! And seriously, the options are endless for interpreting this theme!!! Here’s my answer to the challenge:
I think that little penguin and adorable little mouse are just too cute for words, don’t you?!! Super simple, yet universal in its application. You could send this to a friend who just needs to know that you care, or to a sweetie that needs to be reminded that you’re “hot” for them. LOL Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, vertical top-folding card base from Sea Glass Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon bone folder.
- Trim an A2 panel from Solar White Card Stock and die cut the pierced slope edge with the Dotted Borders Elle-Ments. Adhere it to the card base.
- Die cut two panels using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments, one from Sea Glass Card Stock and another from Solar White Card Stock. Position the Dotted Borders Elle-Ment on the white panel so that it aligns with the previously cut pierced slope line on the card base – run it through your die cutting machine. Adhere the pierced slope to the pierced Sea Glass image panel.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Polar Pals Stamp Set onto the bottom of the image panel using Cherry Pigment Ink.
- Mask off the snow slope and apply a coat of Snowflake Paste using a snowfall stencil. Allow it to fully dry.
- Stamp and die cut the penguin and mouse from the Snow Much Fun Stamp Set and the coordinating Elle-Ments. Color the images with Copic Markers. Adhere them to the image panel with foam squares.
- Wrap red and white baker’s twine to the top of the image panel and tie it into a bow. Adhere the image panel to the card base, making sure to align the two pierced snow slopes.
- Die cut two hearts from Cherry Card Stock using the Sweet Scallops Elle-Ments. Adhere them with liquid adhesive.
There you go! That’s my take on the AEI♥U Challenge – Winter!! I’ve listed the Avery Elle products that I used below. We’d love to see what you would create in answer to the new challenge! Please click on through to the AEI♥U Challenge Blog to get an update on the rules and regulations of the challenge, and to find the linky tool for you to upload your projects to the gallery. And while you’re there, be sure and chek out the amazing designs that my sweet teammates have created for your perusal and inspiration! They totally killed this chalenge, I tell ya! Oh, and there are TWO $25 Avery Elle Gift Certificates up for grabs, and I’d be overjoyed if one of you would win one!! How fun would that be?! You have until January 26, 2016 to play along!
Thanks so much for stopping by today – it’s always such a joy for me when you do! Have a great day and an awesome weekend!!