I’m back today to share another project from the Avery Elle Winter Release! Today’s project features the new stamp set called Mardi Gras and it’s coordinating Elle-Ments. It’s a super fun set illustrated by one of my sweet teammates, Caryn Davies! I had the great pleasure of meeting her and hanging out with her at CHA – we had a blast, and I’m so glad I had the chance to get to know her better! I could hang with that girl any day!! We laughed and cut up until our sides hurt! So let’s get to my project, shall we?
I think Mardi Gras season is right around the corner, but I wanted to try and create something to show the versatility of this stamp set. It doesn’t HAVE to be used just for Mardi Gras! The clever images lend themselves to any kind of celebration, really. I paired the stamped and die cut mask and embellies from the Mardis Gras Stamp Set with the Circle It Stamp Set. Here’s how I created my project.
- Trim an A2 vertical top-folding card base from New Moon Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon bone folder.
- Die cut an image panel from White Linen Card Stock using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments.
- Stamp the falling confetti from the Circle It Stamp Set, using Delicata Gold Pigment Ink. Stamp the sentiment (also from the Circle It Stamp Set) using New Moon Pigment Ink and heat emboss it with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Stamp the mask, wand and embellishment from the Mardi Gras Stamp Set onto some New Moon Card Stock using VersaMark. Heat emboss them with Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder. Die cut the images using the Mardi Gras Elle-Ments.
- Assemble the card with foam squares.
- Adhere Metallic Gold Sequins to the image panel with Multi Matte Medium.
This would be a great anniversary card, special milestone birthday card, or really any kind of celebratory occasion! I like that this stamp set is so versatile like that! I’ve listed the products that I used below. Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog to see some additional inspiration showcasing more of the Winter Release! Great stuff, I tell ya!
That’s it for me today, friends!! I’m here in Seattle, and of course it’s raining. But I get to see my love bugs soon, so that rain ain’t gonna spoil my day!! Baby shower tomorrow – can’t wait!! Hope you have a great weekend ahead – thanks for spending a little bit of it with me here!!!