Did you see the news yesterday? My Favorite Things is curating a new card kit that will be different every month, and will feature a sampling of the amazing My Favorite Things products!! I think this is such exciting news!! Have you been thinking about trying the My Favorite Things products but can’t decide where to start? Well here’s your chance!! Each kit will include a sampling of MFT card stocks, designer paper pads, embellishments, and ink pads (mini cubes – yay!!), as well as an exclusive and full sized stamp set and coordinating Die-Namics! I mean, COME ON!! Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Blog to get all of the details and to see an awesome graphic with this month’s kit contents!
This month’s kit is GORGEOUS!! This is one of the projects that I created with it! Honestly, my mind exploded with ideas for this kit as soon as I started playing with it! The papers are awesome, and the stamps and dies are so lovely!! I decided to do a bit of a masking technique to create this card. Here are the steps that I followed to create it.
- Trim an A2 vertical top-folding card base from Gumdrop Green Card Stock. Fold at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon bone folder.
- Die cut a panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics. Trim a piece of Stamping Mask Paper to fit the stitched panel. Using the vase dies from the Beautiful Blooms Die-Namics, die cut each vase from the Stamping Mask Paper so that each vase overlaps the other just slightly. Remove the die cuts from the mask (but hang on to them as you’ll need them in the next step!), remove the release paper on the back of the mask and adhere it to the stitched panel.
- Replace two of the die cut vases back into their corresponding spaces, and blend the provided dye inks (Wild Wisteria, Lavender Fields and Berrylicious) – one for each vase - with a Mini Ink Blending Tool. Repeat this process until each vase is covered, and blended just slightly at the top (also, be sure to blend the two colors on either side of the middle vase).
- Replace the vase dies from the Beautiful Blooms Die-Namics, one at a time, back into their corresponding space, using the edges of the mask to properly position each die. Emboss the dies into the image panel using an Embossing Pad and your manual die cutting machine. Repeat this process until each vase outline is embossed into the image panel. Carefully remove the masks.
- Stamp the greenery, one inside each vase, and the sentiment – all from the Beautiful Blooms Stamp Set - using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.
- Wrap and tie green jute (I had this in my stash) into a bow. Adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins to the image panel with Glossy Accents. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.
There you have it!! I love using stamps and dies in unexpected ways. It’s a little more work, but I always feel like I’ve gotten my money’s worth when I try new things! And this really is a super easy technique that packs a fun and unexpected punch! I’ve listed the products that I used below!
I hope you’ll click on through to the My Favorite Things Blog to be linked to the other incredible projects that my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration and to see the full contents of this amazing kit! I truly believe that this card kit will become a jumping off point for many of you who have wanted to try the MFT products but just weren’t sure where to begin – this is your starting point, friends!! All the work of coordination is done for you!! The Beautiful Blooms Kit be officially released and available for sale in the MFT Store tomorrow, January 19th at 10:00 PM EDT!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, kids!! I’ll be back tomorrow with more yummy creative goodness! I so hope you’ll come back to visit again soon!! Have a great day!