It’s time once again for the My Favorite Things New Product Launch!! I hope you’ve been following along for the last five days with the My Favorite Things Design Blog – they’ve been sharing some amazing inspiration for this release! Well, tonight’s the night, friends!! All of the new January products are available in the My Favorite Things store NOW!! I had a chance to play with some of the new products, and here’s what I created!
I am so in love with those adorable sheep from the Ewe Are the Best Stamp Set! They just make my heart smile!! And those Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics? Shut the front door!! Looooove!! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, horizonal top-folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon bone folder.
- Die cut an image panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-Namics. Die cut an apeture from the lower right corner of the image panel using the Stitched Arch STAX Die-Namics.
- Mask off the the card base, leaving only the lower left corner exposed. Lightly apply some Mustard Seed and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, to create the sky and a sunny horizon. Carefully remove the mask.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Ewe Are the Best Stamp Set onto the image panel using Black Licorice Pigment Ink, and heat emboss it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
- Stamp the grassy mound from the Ewe Are the Best Stamp Set using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink onto green polka dot patterned paper (from the Dots & Stripes Fresh Paper Pad) and die cut it using the Ewe Are the Best Die-Namics. Adhere it to the back of the image panel, behind the apeture.
- Stamp the sheep from the Ewe Are the Best Stamp Set onto some Sweet Tooth Card Stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, color them with Copic Markers, and die cut them out using the Ewe Are the Best Die-Namics.
- On a scrap of Sweet Tooth Card Stock, apply a light application of Picked Raspberry Distress Ink to create an ombre look. Using the heart dies from the Blueprints 11 and Tag Builder Blueprints 3 Die-Namics, die cut three hearts.
- Thread pink and white baker’s twine through the left side of theapeture on the image panel and tie into a bow. Wrap more baker’s twine around the right side of the aperture and tape it to the back of the image panel. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.
- Assemble the rest of the card using foam tape.
Could those sheep be any cuter?!! I am seriously so in love with them! I’ve listed all of the products that I used below. All of the new products are available NOW in the My Favorite Things Store – just click on the widget below and that’ll take you right to the Brand Spankin’ New Section!
That’s it for me today, friends!! I hope you’ll click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the projects that my sweet teammates have created for your pleasure and inspiration!! No doubt your socks will be knocked off!! Oh, and I think there are prizes for hopping and commenting along the way – extremely GENEROUS prizes!! Check it out, friends – I’d love to see you win! Thanks so much for stopping by today – it makes me so happy when you do!