Well, hello! Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?! LOL I’ve been soaking in and enjoying every square inch of the Craft & Hobby Association trade show in Anaheim, CA – and having a BLAST! There are soooo many amazing new products coming out, and I can’t wait to get my mitts on some of them! Good stuff, I tell ya!! But I wanted to pop in quickly to share another project that I created for the My Favorite Things January Release! This is a brand new feature that the Design Team is participating in – it’s called the Release Replay, and I think you’re really going to like it! The idea is for the design team to share a fresh take on the New Release. Here’s what I created:
Be still my heart!! I loves me some rainbow!! And you can’t have a rainbow without sunshine! So this project features the new Stitched Cloud Edges and the Sunny Skies Die-Namics (currently the free die with $60 purchase)! I had a vision, and this turned out exactly how I pictured it in my head. Here’s how I created it!
- Trim an A2 vertical top-folding card base from Black Licorice Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with Teflon Bone Folder.
- Trim an A2 panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Emboss the sunrays into the panel using the Sun Ray Die-Namic, and Embossing Pad and your manual die cutting machine. Die cut the panel using the stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 20 Die-Namics.
- Die cut the sun from a scrap of Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the Sunny Skies Die-Namics. Apply a light coat of Mustard Seed Distress Ink and a Mini Ink Blending Tool, starting in the center and working out towards the end of the rays, concentrating most of the color in the center.
- On another scrap of Sweet Tooth Card Stock, blend some Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to create a rainbow. Die cut the lower case “amazing” word using the Double Amazing Die-Namics from the rainbow panel. Die cut the word three more times from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Adhere the layers together with liquid adhesive, making sure to place the rainbow die cut on the top layer.
- Trim an A2 panel from Translucent Vellum and die cut the clouds from the horizontal edge of the panel using the Stitched Cloud Edges Die-Namics. Stamp the sentiment from the Amazing Stamp Set (after performing a bit of stamp surgery) onto the vellum cloud die cut using Black Licorice Pigment Ink, and heat emboss it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
- Adhere the inked sunshine die cut to the embossed image panel with foam tape. Position the vellum cloud die cut at the bottom edge of the image panel, and wrap the side flaps around to the back of the panel, securing them with tape. Adhere the inked word die cut to the cloud die cut with Glossy Accents.
- Arrange and adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins to the image panel with Glossy Accents. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.
And there you have it! A fresh take on a couple of the brand new January Release products! Please be sure and click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the other projects that my sweet teammates have created – I just know you are going to be amazed!! I’ve linked all of the products that I used below.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I’m flying through the skies as this post goes live – I’ll have more projects to share with you very soon! Until then, have a great day!