Monday, February 1, 2016

AEI♥U Challenge #33–Friendship!!



Hello Sweet Friends!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted due to my trip to Seattle/Las Vegas, and now I’m down with another cold.  Ugh.  I really am sick of being sick, and for some unexplainable reason, I just don’t snap back as quickly as I used to when I was younger.  I can’t afford to waste two days in bed!  LOL  But I’m finally starting to feel a little better, so that’s a good thing.  Too many deadlines to be sick in bed, for pete’s sake!!

Challenge 33 alt

I’m excited to share the next AEI♥U Challenge with you all!!!  It’s a super fun one, and I think pretty easy as well!!  Here’s my answer to the challenge!

Challenge 33 - Friendship

I’ve always had a love for the Thanks A Bunch Stamp Set.  I just think those pretty flowers and buds are so sweet.  Here’s how I created my card:

  1. Trim an A2, horizontal top-folding card base from Lemon Grass Card Stock.  Score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Die cut an image panel from Solar White Card Stock using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments.
  3. Stamp the flowers and leaves from the Thanks A Bunch Stamp Set using Magenta, Cherry, Lemon Grass and Jungle Pigment Inks.
  4. Position the letter dies from Avery’s Alphas Elle-Ments to spell out FRIEND, and die cut them from the image panel.  Be sure to reserve all of the pieces of the die cuts.  Die cut the letters four additional times from Solar White Card Stock and adhere all of the layers together with liquid adhesive, making sure to adhere the stamped letters on the top layer.
  5. Stamp the sentiment from the Peonies Stamp Set using New Moon Pigment Ink.
  6. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam squares.  Position and adhere the stacked letters inside the corresponding letter apertures.  Be sure to place the inside of the R and the D in their corresponding spots so as to complete the stamped image.
  7. Adhere some Sparkling Clear Sequins using Multi Matte Medium.

Super easy and packs a dimensional punch, don’t you think?!!  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.  Please click on through to the AEI♥U Challenge Blog to see what my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration!  You’ll also find the linky tool there to link up your answer to the Friendship Challenge – there are TWO Avery Elle $25 Gift Certificates up for grabs, and I’d love for you to be one of the winners!!

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’m still up to my eyeballs in deadlines, but I’m plugging away and getting it done!  If you need me, I’ll be in my craft room for the next several days!  LOL  Thanks so much for stopping by today – it really makes my day when you do!


5 comments:

Karen B. said...

So pretty and creative!

Michelle said...

Beautiful... those amazing colors just pop off of the page!

TK said...

Beautiful card! I love the die cut word out of the middle of the flowers!

Shirley said...

Beautiful colorful card...great design.

Geri said...

Really, really neato-mosquito!!! Love the deep pink roses! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hope you are feeling better soon. My dad's remedy was (AND IT WORKS!!!) a spoonful of coarsely chopped garlic (one clove) chased with a glass of tomato juice! DON'T CHEW THE GARLIC though cuz you will smell like a ring of garlic sausage!!! One clove a day for three days and you will be ready to rip!