I’m popping in quickly today to share another My Favorite Things project with you, and I think you’re going to like it! As you all know, I’m OBSESSED with Buffalo Plaid. And even though it’s been in the 80’s here in AZ, I still love me some buffalo plaid!
How fun is that?!! And I have a fun little technique to share with you! Check out that curved scalloped and stitched border!! I made that using the Stitched Scalloped Edge Die-Namics – but with a twist! Here’s how I created this project!
- Trim an A2 horizontal top folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon bone folder.
- Trim an A2 panel from Poppy Card Stock. Stamp the Gingham Background using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.
- Die cut a curved edge using the Snow Drifts Die-Namics.
- Trim a 3” x 11” piece of Poppy Card Stock. Die cut the scalloped edge using the Stitched Scalloped Edge Die-Namics, positioning the die and cutting it once, and then repositioning the die at the end of the first cut and cutting it again in order to have an extended length of scalloped edge. Using detail scissors, snip multiple short slits along the straight edge of the die cut.
- Apply tape adhesive along the back curved edge of the gingham panel. Adhere the scalloped edge die cut, carefully bending the die cut so as to follow the curved edge of the gingham panel.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness Stamp Set onto the card base using Black Licorice Pigment Ink. Heat emboss it with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
- Adhere the gingham panel to the car base with foam tape.
- Adhere enamel dots.
Didn’t it turn out so cute?!! I just love it and will most definitely be making more of these in the future!
Thanks so much for stopping by today – I sure do appreciate it! The kids are gone, so I’m spending the next couple of days getting some deadlines caught up. I hope you have a great day planned!!