I’m popping in today to share a project that I created for the My Favorite Things Creative Construction with Blueprints Challenge! This month, we were challenged to use strips, tags and flags from the Blueprints Collection. Here’s what I came up with!
I think you all know how much I love the My Favorite Things Blueprint Collections! I mean, they have every die that you can imagine in them – they’re super versatile, and I’ve gotten to the point where I can’t create a card without them. This particular challenge was super easy for me. Here’s what we were challenged with:
I’m sure you can relate - you’ve created a beautiful background or set an impressive scene but are stumbling on the placement of your sentiment. We have the solution. Our extensive collection of Blueprints includes a wide variety of sentiment strips, tags, and flags that will provide a humble home for showcasing your sentiment in style.
Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, top folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score it at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Trim an A2 panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock and die cut it with the pierced rectangle die contained in the Blueprints 21 Die-Namics Set. Adhere it to the card base with foam tape.
- Trim another A2 panel from Smooth White Card Stock, and stamp the Roses All Over Background with VersaMark Ink. Heat emboss it with White Detail Embossing Powder.
- Use the angled panel die from the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics Set to die cut the embossed panel.
- Apply a light blend of Abandoned Coral and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink to highlight the flowers and give the appearance of leaves. Adhere the inked panel to the pierced rectangle with foam tape.
- Die cut the pierced strip from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the pierced strip contained in the Blueprints 3 Die-Namics Set. Stamp the sentiment from the Kind Thanks Stamp Set using VersaMark, and heat emboss it with coral embossing powder (I had this in my stash). Adhere the sentiment strip to the card with foam tape.
- Adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins to the card with liquid adhesive.
There you have it!! I am in love with how this turned out! And I have to admit that using the sentiment strip maximizes that beautiful background!! Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Blog to be linked up to the gorgeous creations that my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration. I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.
That’s it for me today, friends! I had a very successful garage sale with my bestie last Saturday – made enough to buy some more goodies! Woot! LOL I’ll be holed up in my craft room for the next several days in anticipation of the next wave of visitors!! Lots to do!! Thanks so much for stopping by today – I sure do appreciate you!!