Today’s the day that the My Favorite Things Creative Team is sharing projects with a fresh take on the April release – the Release Replay Challenge! I have to say, this month’s release was one of my faves to date!!! I mean you’ve got dogs, cats, flowers, and cuteness galore!! I had a blast creating with this release!! Here’s my project for the Release Replay!
When I saw that poodle in the Lucky Dog Stamp Set, I fell in love. We had a Standard Poodle when I was growing up, so this girl just kinda cracked me up. Here’s how I created my project:
- Stamp the Poodle and the French Bulldog from the Lucky Dog Stamp Set onto some Smooth White Card Stock using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink (did you know that the My Favorite Things Hybrid Inks are alcohol ink friendly? WOOT!!) Color the images with Copic Markers and die cut them out with the coordinating Lucky Dog Die-Namics.
- Die cut the Boutique Window Die-Namics from Black Licorice and Gold Shine Card Stock, and the “wallpaper” out of striped pattern paper from the Neutral Dots & Stripes 6 x 6 Paper Pad. Assemble the window using foam tape. Adhere the Bulldog inside the boutique window with adhesive.
- Die cut the mini flag die contained in the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics Set from Black Licorice Card Stock. Stamp the sentiment from the Mon Cheri Stamp Set using Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and heat emboss it with White Detail Embossing Powder.
- Trim an A2 panel from Sweet Tooth Card Stock and emboss the Brick Wall Cover Up using an embossing pad. Die cut the embossed panel using the stitched rectangle die contained in the Blueprints 15 Die-Namics Set.
- Die cut some hearts from Ripe Raspberry Card Stock using the hearts die contained in the Love Centerpieces Die-Namics Set.
- Trim an A2, vertical top-folding card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- (a) Adhere the embossed image panel to the card base with foam tape.
(b) Adhere the assembled boutique window to the image panel using adhesive.
(c) Adhere the sentiment flag under the boutique window with adhesive.
(d) Adhere the poodle to the image panel with foam tape.
(e) Adhere the hearts to the image panel with adhesive, apply Clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to each heart.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!! These two love dogs just crack me up!! Be sure and click on through to the My Favorite Things Blog to be linked to the other Release Replay projects that my brilliantly creative teammates have created using the April release! I know you’re going to be so inspired!!
That’s it for me today, friends!! My oldest daughter and her family are here visiting for the week, so things will be quiet for a bit on the ol’ bloggo for a few days!! I’ll be busy playing with my grandkids!! Thanks so much for stopping by today – I am ever so grateful when you spend time here!