Friday, May 20, 2016

Avery Elle–Floral Frames and Best Ever!

 

Hello again!

 

Thank god it’s Fri-YAY!!  I’ve been looking forward to the weekend all week long!  One more sleep and my youngest daughter, her husband and 2 mo. old granddaughter will be here!!  To say that I’m excited is an understatement!  LOL  I live for those baby snuggles, and plan to get more than my share over the next several days!

 

5-20-16-Floral-Frame

 

I’m popping in today to share another project that I created using a couple Avery Elle stamp sets.  This one features the Floral Frame Stamp Set and coordinating Elle-Ments, as well as the Best Ever Stamp Set.  I made this card for my mom for Mother’s Day.  Here’s how I created it:

 

  1. Trim an A2, horizontal top-folding card base from Silver Fox Card Stock.  Score at 4.25”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Trim an A2 piece of diagonal stripe patterned paper from the Neutral Collection 6 x 6 Paper Pad, and adhere it to the card base.
  3. Die cut an image panel from White Linen Card Stock using the Double Pierced Rectangle Elle-Ments.  Die cut an aperture from the panel using the You’re Invited Elle-Ments.  Adhere it to the image panel with foam squares.
  4. Stamp the main image from the Floral Frame Stamp Set onto some Solar White Card Stock using Silver Fox Pigment Ink.  Color the image with colored pencils and Gamsol.  Die cut the image using the coordinating Floral Frame Elle-Ments, and adhere it to the image panel with foam squares.
  5. Die cut the “love you” words using the A Tag For All Elle-Ments, once from Silver Fox Card Stock, and three additional times using Solar White Card Stock.  Adhere the four layers together with liquid adhesive, and adhere it to the card base with more liquid adhesive.
  6. Stamp the sentiment from the Best Ever Stamp Set onto the card base using Magenta Pigment Ink.
  7. Adhere Sparkling Clear Sequins to the card using Matte Medium.

 

There you go!  My mom is one of my biggest creative supporters, so it was fun to create a card especially for her.  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.  Please click on through to the Avery Elle Design Blog for more amazing inspiration.

 

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’m almost done crossing off the items on my “to do” list!  I’m close, and boy will it be a relief to be caught up so that I can focus all of my attention on our upcoming visitors.  If it’s quiet around here, I know you’ll understand why!  Thanks for stopping by!  I’ll be back with another crafty project soon!  Until then, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Beautiful card! Enjoy you family time.

Teresa Doyle said...

A lovely card Karolyn. Love the soft grey striped background. Really sets the stage for your focal image.