It’s time, sweet friends!! The brand new My Favorite Things June Release is available NOW! And I feel confident that you all are going to love playing with these new products as much as I have!!!
I absolutely FLIPPED out over all of the new Flop Card Die-Namics!! This project features the Flop Card Square Die-Namics, and I dressed it up with the new Funky Flowers Stamp Set and coordinating Die-Namics, as well as the new Grateful For You Stamp Set and Die-Namics. Here’s what it looks like inside:
I just LOVE that these new Flop Card Die-Namics make it super easy to hide a message on the inside of the card! And who doesn’t love a fun, interactive card?! These dies are so incredibly versatile and innovative, so what I’m sharing here today is just ONE of the ways to use them! Here’s how I created my project:
- Trim an A2, horizontal card base from Sweet Tooth Card Stock. On the long side of the base, score at 4.25”. Slightly score the top and bottom of the card base (long side) at 2-1/8” to assist in die cutting the “flop” aspect of the card. Fold at the 4.25” score line, and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
- Align the Flop Card Square Die on the INSIDE of the folded card base so that each end of the die aligns with the previously scored marks at 2-1/8” and the shape is pointing towards the crease of the card. Secure the die with two small pieces of washi tape to hold it in place while die cutting.
- Fold the outside frame (created by the Flop Card Die) on the provided score lines back towards the crease of the card base.
- Die cut the following:
a) One polka dot frame from black and white polka dot paper (from the Dots & Stripes Neutral 6 x 6 Paper Pad), using the Stitched Square Frames Die-Namics;
b) One stitched square from Sweet Tooth Card Stock, using the stitched square die included in the Flop Card Square Die-Namics;
c) Two flowers from Poppy Card Stock, using the Funky Flowers Die-Namics;
d) One flower, the large leaves, and two smaller leaves from Sweet Tooth Card Stock, using the Funky Flowers Die-Namics;
e) Two polka dot centers from the black and white polka dot paper (Dots & Stripes Neutral 6 x 6 Pad), using the Blueprints 21 Die-Namics Set; and
f) One grateful word from Sweet Tooth Card Stock using the Grateful For You Die-Namic.
- Stamp the flowers and leaves from the Funky Flowers Stamp Set, onto the previously cut die cuts, using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.
- Adhere the polka dot frame to the card base with foam tape.
- Adhere the flowers, leaves and flower centers using foam tape.
- Adhere the word die cut to frame and flowers using liquid adhesive.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Grateful For You Stamp Set onto the stitched square using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink. Adhere the panel to the inside of the card, making sure to align it with the front square, with foam tape.
There you go!! These new products are so incredibly fun to play with – I just KNOW you’re going to love them as much as I do! The entire June Release is available in the My Favorite Things Online Store NOW! You can find them HERE (or click on the image below to be taken directly to the new release)! And after you’ve placed your order (because I think this release is going to sell out FAST!), you’re going to want to click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the other creations that my sweet teammates have designed for your inspiration! There are prizes to be won for leaving comments along the way!
That’s it for me today, friends!! Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m getting a few chores done today, as I’m headed to Florida on Thursday! I’m just giddy with excitement to be hanging out with some of the sweet MFT peeps for a fun and creative long weekend! Simply cannot wait! I’ll be back soon to share more crafty goodness!!