Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My Favorite Things–WSC293

 

Hola!

 

MFT_SketchChallenge_SideBar

 

My life has been cray cray lately, but I wanted to pop in quickly to share the project that was inspired by the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #293.  Here’s the sketch:

 

MFT_WSC_293

 

Aaaand . . . here’s how I was inspired by this sketch!!

 

KKL_WSC293

 

I loves me a clean and simple sketch.  When I saw this one, I immediately saw clouds and a sunshine!  Here’s how I created this project:

 

  1. Trim an A2, vertical, top-folding card base from Smooth White Card StockScore at 5.5”, fold in half, and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, blend some Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Salty Ocean Distress Inks onto the smooth side of some Water Color Cardstock.  Blend light to dark, creating an ombre effect.  Splatter water and white watercolor onto the panel with a paint brush to create raindrops.  Use the stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 23 Die-Namics to die cut the panel. 
  3. Stamp the sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness Stamp Set on the bottom portion of the image panel using Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.  Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.
  4. Trim an A2 panel of Smooth White Card Stock and die cut a cloud edge using the Stitched Cloud Edges Die-Namics.  Use the stitched rectangle from Blueprints 23 to die cut the left and right edges of the cloud.
  5. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool, blend some Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Inks onto some Smooth White Card Stock.  Die cut the ink blended panel using the Radiant Sun Die-Namic.
  6. Die cut another cloud from Smooth White Card Stock using the In the Clouds Die-Namics.
  7. Adhere the sun to the upper left side of the image panel with foam tape.  Adhere the large cloud to the image panel with foam tape.  Adhere the little cloud on top of the sunshine and the large cloud with foam tape.
  8. Adhere some 4mm and 6mm Clear Droplets to the image panel with Multi Matte Medium.

 

Do you see the sketch in my design?!  I loved working with this sketch – it really has some great possibilities.  I’ve linked the products that I used below.

 

I hope you’ll click on through to the My Favorite Things Challenge Blog to check out the other projects that were inspired by this week’s sketch challenge!  No doubt there’s some amazing interpretations to inspire you!  You’ll also find the linky tool there to link up your own take on the sketch – because prizes!  Can’t wait to see what you create!

 

That’s it for me today, friends!  I’ve got another super busy day in store, as we’re expecting great friends from Arizona for the weekend!  Can’t wait to see them, but I have a ton of stuff to accomplish before they get here!!  Thanks so much for stopping by – I’ll be back with more crafty goodness very soon!

 

PRODUCTS USED:

3 comments:

Casey-Diane said...

Oh my gosh that is CUTE!!!! I love it!!!!

Geri said...

Gorgeous shading! I love, love, love the raindrops and the layers!

Obat Kencing Nanah said...

Love love love